Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how can I make a map roll up

Go down

how can I make a map roll up Empty how can I make a map roll up

Post  Scooter2 Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Good evening,
I have a treasure map model that I want to be able to animate it being unrolled.  I have tried to make it follow a curve, but it does not follow good.
Any suggestion?
Please let me know.
Thank you,
Scooter

Edit 3-24-2018:  found roll up tutorial on youtube this morning: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Thank you to the person that made that video.
I also learned to make a helix curve from that.  I have to experiment though because I want to also have an armature to control flexing of the map after it is unrolled.

Edit 3-26-2018: After much experimenting, I have made a fully controlled map that gets bigger in diameter as you roll it up unlike most of the examples I found where the initial roll diameter is the same as the finish. I animate the scale to start small and finish at proper size.
I also have a single bone to control the map location and then a mesh deform box with an armature to control the maps flexibility like floppy corners or sag when it is held.
The mesh deform armature is parented to he map control bone and the map curve I have not found a way to parent without causing conflicts because I cant move the whole assembly. When the curve is moved, it moves the map mesh in opposite direction.

Last edited by Scooter2 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : made fully controlled map)

Scooter2

Back to top Go down