Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to make gooey glob fly thru air and splat on window

3 posters

Go down

how to make gooey glob fly thru air and splat on window Empty how to make gooey glob fly thru air and splat on window

Post  Scooter2 Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Good evening,
I am setting up a scene where I have a gooey glob flying thru the air and splat on window. I want to have the glob changing shape as it flys thru the air due to the air resistance like in real life. When it splats on the window I need it to change shape to conform to the window. Is that soft bodies? If I had to, I would make a shape key for when it hits the window.
Any suggestions?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

how to make gooey glob fly thru air and splat on window Empty Re: how to make gooey glob fly thru air and splat on window

Post  Xraygunner Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:25 pm

I'm not sure if you're into simulations or not (they can be cached and then manipulated to suit), but this particular addon comes to mind... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Lot's of fun anyway!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

how to make gooey glob fly thru air and splat on window Empty Re: how to make gooey glob fly thru air and splat on window

Post  Scooter2 Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Thanks for the reply,
I agree that it will likely be a simulation. I have tutorials for fluids in contained areas like water in bottles, but have not found anything for a heavy fluid in free space. I may have to experiment.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:48 am

In previous versions of Blender, you would remove gravity from the Fluid Domain like this;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If, however, the fluid flies apart, you may need to use a fluid control object to define a loose shape for the mass of [water?]
Good luck with this!

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Hey, yeah!! And just animate the domain... great idea!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter2 Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks for the replies,
I think I am starting to get in the right direction. I made a model with metaballs and turned it into a mesh. I have been experimenting with it as a soft body and a wind empty. I will let you know what I wind up with.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter2 Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:59 pm

After much experimenting, I figured out how to do what I want using softbodies on the glob and a turbulant force empty for it flying through the air. I decided not to use it though because I want more control over it interaction with characters so I modeled the glob with metaballs and converted to mesh then added armature. Made another for after it splats on window.
The may be a better way, but I am going with this for now.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down