Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

indoor lighting problems

2 posters

Go down

indoor lighting problems Empty indoor lighting problems

Post  Scooter2 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Good evening,
I am trying to figure out indoor lighting. I have tried a lot of options and read books, but have not accomplished a reasonable quality for a kids animated movie. I have very slow internet and cant veiw movie tutorials. I have lighting for my set layer and lighting for just my character layer so I can control shadows. The problem I am having is if I use lamps for just the characters with shadows to prevent my characters mouths from being lit, I get shadows in directions that dont match the scene.
Are there any indoor lighting experts out there with advice?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

indoor lighting problems Empty Re: indoor lighting problems

Post  Xraygunner Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I am by no means an expert in this area or any other in CG for that matter, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you are using Cycles? I've read about it having "difficulties" with indoor scenes. I would imagine that it could be worked around to a degree by possibly cutting the indoor model in half (like a set for a tv show). Other than that there are other solutions such as Lux that seem to do better with indoor renders.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter2 Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Thanks for the reply,
I am not using cycles. I did try ambiant occlusion, but what I had looked better. I will keep working on it.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 am

Ahhh, I should have looked closer at the question... the clues were there! Lol!! Sorry 'bout that.. Very Happy
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter2 Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:08 pm

I finally found some information about faking shadows using negative lights. I place a spot light inside the characters mout pointing down at the toung set to sphere falloff with a square shape and shadow set. Placement location is sensitive and requires some experimentation. I got this to work the way I want for now.
Good luck.
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down