Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blendernewbies forum...is it finally gone?

+3
Dobi
Xraygunner
zyzzy
7 posters

Go down

blendernewbies forum...is it finally gone? Empty blendernewbies forum...is it finally gone?

Post  zyzzy Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 pm

hadn't been there for quite a while. I just now checked it and got an error message.

is it gone????
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

blendernewbies forum...is it finally gone? Empty Re: blendernewbies forum...is it finally gone?

Post  Xraygunner Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:15 am

I got the same message. confused
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

blendernewbies forum...is it finally gone? Empty Re: blendernewbies forum...is it finally gone?

Post  Xraygunner Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:20 am

Is it strange that Google still references the posts that I entered? I tried one or two that I could remember and it came up with pictures and posts. scratch
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:13 am

I remember getting similar (if not the same) error messages even back in the days when Kernon was still there. It happened rarely and even when it would happen it always got fixed in quite the short time.

As for Google showing you old threads and posts: Google usually has a cached version of pretty much every web page on the internet. So sometimes when a certain site is down, you can still see a cached version if there's one.

For example, here's a cached version of one of my Monte Carlo threads: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:45 am

Yeah. Sad
I didn't expect it to go down for it actually expired in September. I had wanted to save a few of the really good threads at least.

[edit] I had specifically wanted to save Jimtuv's thread, "The Form", but even though I managed to find a cached version of it, there were no pictures as I should have expected.
If nothing else, I atleast managed to save the SubD Primer page that Kernon had previously saved from the SubdivisionModeling forum.
I've mirrored it here;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[edit2]
I just checked it, the site's hosting expires in 28 days. Normally there's a 10 day grace period so in roughly a month, the data on the site will be aetherized for ever. Sad

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:16 pm

And there's no way to just ask the hosting company to send you a couple of archived threads?

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  jimtuv Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Radialronnie wrote:Yeah. Sad

[edit] I had specifically wanted to save Jimtuv's thread, "The Form", but even though I managed to find a cached version of it, there were no pictures as I should have expected.

I have the pictures if you have the text I could put The Form into a pdf for everyone to share.
jimtuv
jimtuv

Back to top Go down

blendernewbies forum...is it finally gone? Empty Hi everyone....

Post  Spartanis Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:31 am

I know this is 2 years old thread, but.. just now.. i went to find blendernewbies website, but it gone. However, i saw many references of website regarding Dillon. most against him (something about sales of DVDs)

I hope Kernond is ok..

oh.. Hi everyone that remembers me Smile
Spartanis
Spartanis

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:56 pm

Spartanis? Is that you? I hardly recognize you!  cheers 
Welcome back old friend, I hope to see you hang around for a while. Smile
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartanis Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 am

hehe Hey BnB!

I will stick around this time.. but not as much as i used to.. Im currently studying Ancient History at Australian Online University. It takes up most of my free time, cept on weekends.

Matt
Spartanis
Spartanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:32 am

Wow, yeah... how ya doing? How's the music scene?
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartanis Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:07 am

I havnt really touched it since we last chatted in BlenderNewbies. I just couldnt find time for it O.o
Spartanis
Spartanis

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:09 pm

So BlenderNewbies.com seems like a bizarre German-language conspiracy theory website. I'm confused on who would auction the website name and then host something that is neither Blender or Newbies related. :S
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:03 pm

BnBGobo99 wrote:So BlenderNewbies.com seems like a bizarre German-language conspiracy theory website.  I'm confused on who would auction the website name and then host something that is neither Blender or Newbies related. :S

And it's gone now too, lol. The site owner pointed [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to "gotohell (dot) com" before he shut it down, so I'm wondering what that was all about. scratch

Site should be available for purchase in August it looks like.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down