Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faces disappearing from domain mesh during fluid simulation

2 posters

Go down

Faces disappearing from domain mesh during fluid simulation Empty Faces disappearing from domain mesh during fluid simulation

Post  Scooter2 Mon May 04, 2015 9:26 pm

Good evening,
After much experimenting, I finally got what looked like a great simulation of a fish splashing in a pond.  However, when I animated it I can see random patches where the domain mesh is open because a face is missing.  I scrolled through the frames one at a time and I found that my 210 frame simulation has 33 frames with at least one face missing.
Resolution is 250, smoothing is 2 and subdivisions is 2 with no particles.
What is interesting is this occurs out in the water where it is relatively still even.  If it were one or two frames, I would just delete them and renumber the remaining baked frames, because I found that works.

Any ideas on why it does that, or a way to fix it?  I am using version 2.69 for this simulation.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Scooter[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Faces disappearing from domain mesh during fluid simulation Empty Re: Faces disappearing from domain mesh during fluid simulation

Post  Yodaman921 Tue May 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Hey Scooter,

Unfortunately I don't have any idea on how to fix the issue, I haven't used the water sim in quite some time. From what I understand though, the domain mesh will have faces randomly disappear on it throughout various frames? Did you happen to notice if this started happening after changing a certain setting or have you tried removing/re-adding the water sim? Like I said, I don't know too much about the water sim anymore, but you could try to troubleshoot your problem by changing 1 variable at a time and seeing what happens. Although I would recommend duplicating the file you're working in so you don't potentially ruin your actual project.
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Faces disappearing from domain mesh during fluid simulation Empty Re: Faces disappearing from domain mesh during fluid simulation

Post  Scooter2 Tue May 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Good evening,
Thanks for the reply. You are correct, the faces randomly disappear and from frame to frame. I have ran many simulations with settings changed. The only thing I have found is that a change will also change the random face dropping. I may try combining simulation bakes with a slight change in resolution to get a clean set.
I will let you know if that works.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter2 Fri May 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Good evening,
Well, unfortunately it is related to the smoothing option in the domain settings. It will only create this particular simulation with the setting at zero. I tried all other variations. I think I can use it and add a smoothing modifier.
Perhaps I have learned enough to help someone else
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down