Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finally opened Blender for the first time in months....

4 posters

Go down

I finally opened Blender for the first time in months.... Empty I finally opened Blender for the first time in months....

Post  zyzzy Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 pm

....and months and months.....

and realized that i had forgotten everything!

I did manage to do something though. I had had quite a few issues with blender that i am now blaming on windows OS as they seem to have disappeared now that i'm using ubuntu.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I finally opened Blender for the first time in months.... Empty I finally opened Blender for the first time in months....

Post  Strangebloke Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:13 am

Ha ha. I like it. Was that a particle system then?

Out of interest what are the errors that you are blaming on windows?

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

I finally opened Blender for the first time in months.... Empty Re: I finally opened Blender for the first time in months....

Post  zyzzy Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:21 pm

yes, particle system. I had tried a couple of other things with particles, boids, etc, and failed miserably...i'm gonna try again after i get my feet under me. nothing big, just some ideas i wanted to test.

as for the errors i blame on windows, one i can think of right off is that i was never able to add sound to an animation using 2.5 and above. i kept a copy of 2.49 just for using the VSE to add sound, as it still worked with that release.

also i was not able to do a gui render of my 3d workspace in windows. there were a couple of other things that i can't think of right now that were annoyances more than anything.

also my render speeds are over twice as fast using ubuntu. in fact my render of the test.blend from the blender benchmark website is even a little bit faster on ubuntu 12.04 than it was using blenderboot linux.

i'm remembering how fun it is to just go mess around in blender! its a little sad though, no more blendernewbies, i think blender underground is about to go under too. apparently apollos has disappeared like kernon has. blendernewbies and blender underground were the only two places i had really ever posted. i'm a little intimidated by blenderartists forums.
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I finally opened Blender for the first time in months.... Empty Re: I finally opened Blender for the first time in months....

Post  Strangebloke Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:02 pm

I was wondering if you meant a problem with the particle system itself. I had one which occured twice where the emitter started pulsing, instead of a steady stream of particles. It would run through once OK then start leaving gapes in the stream. Was a few versions back now though so might have been a bug that's fixed. Or maybe I missed a setting somewhere.

I know what you mean about Blender artists. I've seen a few peoples work torn apart on there for daring to not be up to their standards. No way I'd risk putting my stuff up.

We'll just have to keep posting here and hope more people turn up and it gets a bit busier.

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Strangebloke wrote:
I know what you mean about Blender artists. I've seen a few peoples work torn apart on there for daring to not be up to their standards. No way I'd risk putting my stuff up.
Not only standards, but expectations as well. Whatever happened to artistic creativity? Humans alone possess this quality, but often things that are unexpected (on BA) are deemed as imperfections and mistakes.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  NRS Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:53 am

HAHA, nothing has changed..... BN is still lobbing scorn-grenades at BA. Razz

NRS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down