Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blender Network

3 posters

Go down

Blender Network Empty Blender Network

Post  Xraygunner Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:20 pm

I was just checking out the new digs over at Blender Network. It looks to me like a pretty cool idea, but I was wondering what you all think about it. Do you think that it's worth the money? That little voice in the back of my head says "If you're going to be serious about this stuff, then you need to do everything you can!" I guess it's just money, right? scratch
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Blender Network Empty Blender Network

Post  Strangebloke Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Xray

I guess if you have the money and don't need it for anything else why not? But wouldn't you be better waiting until you have a portfolio of Blender work to put up there? Or are you planning to pick the brains of people on there to get yourself going?

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Blender Network Empty Re: Blender Network

Post  Xraygunner Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Touche`! You are correct.... and that's what I intend to do. Just wondering out loud I suppose. The fact of the matter is that I've FINALLY gotten things lined out in my life to where I am going to be spending a lot of time working on art and in particular digital art. That being said, this does seem a bit steep to me.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 pm

I think it boils down to just how much exposure you'll get there, and what sort of exposure it is. I don't expect it to ever be very popular, especially not outside of the in-blender communities which is to say that you will be missing a very, very large set of potential opportunities. On the flipside, you will probably also find opportunities which will specifically look for your Blender skills (as opposed to another software package).

As StrangeBloke said, it might be worth giving it some time which will both allow you to build up your portfolio, and to get a better feel for the direction the site moves in in the near future. A yearly ~$70 seems a bit high when CG-Society is such a well known portal and is free.

I do also have a feeling in the back of my head which says to simply get your name out there in attempt of getting into people's subconscious to an extent where they'll think "I remember seeing someone who can do this" when they need something done.

Random thoughts these; I hope I don't make the decision harder. Wink

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:35 pm

No, not at all. Just looking in all the corners. I do appreciate all the responses though. Good advice as far as I can tell.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down