Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

characters hair renders pixelated

2 posters

Go down

characters hair renders pixelated Empty characters hair renders pixelated

Post  Scooter2 Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Good afternoon,
When I render my character, the hair is pixelated unless the camera is real close. I am wondering if the only way to improve this is increasing the render resolution. Please review the attached images of the characters hair render and the settings and please let me know the best way to improve this.
Thanks,
Scooter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

characters hair renders pixelated Empty Re: characters hair renders pixelated

Post  Yodaman921 Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Is the image of the hair the actual size of the render or is it zoomed in a bit?
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter2 Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks for the reply,
it is zoomed in a little bit, but it looks like that even on actual size. My monitor is 21" Vizio TV and not High Definition. I am able to get great hair renders when the camera is perhaps 5 feet from the character in real life comparison. This image the camera is about 20 feet.
Thanks,
Scott

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:49 pm

Do you mind posting the actual size of that image instead of blowing it up slightly? The reason being is that I'm just thinking that since your character is so far in the background there is only a limited number of pixels available to represent the character. Where if the character was closer to the camera, there is more pixels to represent the character and thus would look better. So, I'm just curious if your character looks fine when the image isn't being blown up or not. The one thing that looks a little odd in your render settings is the aspect ratio, since typically it's 1.000 for both values by default.
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

characters hair renders pixelated Empty tangent shading colors also causing problems

Post  Scooter2 Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks for the reply,
the attached image is the original size. The render setting is a Blender pre set for HDV NTSC 1080P. I rendered the image this morning at 1:1 and it made no difference for the hair pixilation.
On the topic of hair, my characters get patches of odd colors in their hair when using tangent shading. I do not have a texture on this, only a strand texture that appears to be working proper. I would not mind the tangent shading colors if they were not large patches. Is there a way to reduce the patch size?
Thanks,
Scooter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Update: I changed the (minimum size of strands in pixels) to 1.00 in the (strand) settings and that renders much nicer.

Last edited by Scooter2 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : may have fixed it.)

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down