Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My stuff...

4 posters

Go down

My stuff... Empty My stuff...

Post  Xraygunner Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Well I was intending to upload some of my stuff to my photobucket account and then link it here, but I quickly found out that a lot of the detail and nuances of the pieces seem to get lost when doing that. The better versions are pretty large files, so I thought for now I'll just link my profile from Fine Art America... so long as it doesn't infringe on any rules that I'm missing.

If anyone has a better idea, I'll give it a go... until then [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are just the ones that I was interested in showing at the moment. The "Mark Twain" was my first real charcoal piece. There's lots of room for improvement and am working on doing just that... amongst other things. I'd really like to do more drawing just to stay in practice, but there's always something vying for my time!

I'm hoping to have something better soon. Post 'em if you got 'em!!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

My stuff... Empty Re: My stuff...

Post  Radialronnie Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Wow, that's some great stuff you got there! The Twain charcoal is definitely fantastic and I'm rather envious of your skills. How long does something of that scale take you?

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:37 am

Hard to pinpoint, but I'd say as a guess if you bunched it all up would be maybe 8-10 hrs? I should probably keep track on the one I'm working on now. Most everything else there was done in highschool years ago.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  zyzzy Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:20 am

wow. that is very good.

i've never been been able to do anything like that, so that just makes those so much more amazing to me.

Mark Twain is just great, I zoomed in the eyes and was blown away by how good.

All the images are very, very good.

i'm really impressed.
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks for the positive comments! I'm my own worst critic though... I was complaining to my instructor about the tooth of the paper that we had to use in that case. It was a bit like drawing on paper with a wire mesh under it which makes it difficult to get a very good transition or fine detail. The one I've got on my board right now doesn't have that and I'm hoping to make it my best yet.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangebloke Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:16 pm

WOW!

Xray you are talented. That is fantastic stuff. I can't draw to save my life which is why I went for 3D modelling instead.

Superb. Please keep posting as you do new stuff.

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Hey, thanks! I really appreciate the kind words. There's definitely all kinds of talent! I'd love to get to the level in 3D that I see you guys producing. All in good time, I suppose. Sad
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down