Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seamless Ocean animation

2 posters

Go down

Seamless Ocean animation Empty Seamless Ocean animation

Post  Chapel Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Hi all!

I´ve been trying to figure out a way to create a seamless ocean animation - following lots of tutorials, but none of them seemed to really create a seamless loop.
Finally I ended up with two blends, that each had the elements I needed, and combined them, tweaking some of the settings and ended up with this result:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (592 Kb)
The animation is quite large, so I´ll simply put the blend here. Download and render animation. It doesn't take that long - about 15 minutes or so.
See what you think.
You might want to play with the ocean modifier settings for Random seed and Choppiness - quite fun.
Also change the camera position to create the look you want.  (obviously) Smile
Do not change the start and end frame as well as the keyframes. They are essential for the perfect seamless animation.
I take no credit for the materials or the scene setup. Original file is from DarkScarab and some of the settings are created by Haunt-House. (you may google them if you don´t know who they are)
I changed some of the settings to create the seamless motion, as it didn't seem to work in either of the other files, but all credit goes to those two guys.

enjoy

cheers

Chapel
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Seamless Ocean animation Empty Re: Seamless Ocean animation

Post  Yodaman921 Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:04 am

As far as I can tell it looks pretty good, it's hard to say though since when I tried to run the animation within Blender without rendering, the frame rate was terrible.
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down