Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smallish group of questions.

2 posters

Go down

Smallish group of questions. Empty Smallish group of questions.

Post  Zachary1234 Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:42 pm

I am using Blender 2.7.2.

I know that I can use <ctrl> + <LMB> to add points. In <tab> mode, I can selet the ones I want,
and press <f> to create a surface, by filling. I can even go <p> to have a separate object.

-If I have additional, bisecting points on say a path line, there is a keyboard shortcut to
normalise away additional coincident or touching points away that I don't want. What
is the key combo to do this?   Without selecting in the w menu, what keyboard keys do I use?
(Is it remove doubles?)

I am using bezier curves or nurbs curves (two separate cases).

-If I have the curves touching, in a circular bezier arrangement of say, three beziers as one loop,
how may I fill and generate a NURBS SURFACE surface automatically between?

-Or even if I have two separate nurbs curves which have two straight line distances between their end points?

*(I want to acheive construction and filling (NURBS SURAFACE GENERATION )with these points, and not by editing
multiple a NURBS surfaces and putting them together).

-Is it possible to add Textures to a surface before rendering (or backing) inside Blender?
How do I find and activate the menu which inserts a texture from an image file?

Zachary1234

Back to top Go down

Smallish group of questions. Empty Re: Smallish group of questions.

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:39 am

Sorry for the delayed reply, Zachary1234.

For your first question, are you trying to use a second curve to Boolean or cut out a section of the first curve?  Or do you have two points of the same curve that occupy the same space (or near to it)?  If it's the latter, you can just ALT+RMB to select the point you don't want, then delete it by hitting 'X' or the delete key.

For your second question, I recommend joining the curves/NURBS by hitting 'J', it should automatically do what you are asking.  If not, you may need to delete either the inner or outer ring to get what you are asking for.  (If I'm understanding correctly.)

Not sure about the third question, this is new to me.

To add a texture to a curve surface, it's the same as texturing a mesh.  However, if you want to do UV-style mapping or baking, you'll have to convert it to a mesh first ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]).

Keep in mind that I don't have Blender installed*, so I couldn't verify my answers and therefore I may be way off.  I'm also probably misunderstanding some of the questions, so my advice may not apply.

*How did I become a moderator to BlenderWorld if I don't even have Blender installed?  Long story... albino
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zachary1234 Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:50 pm

-Can you apply textures before rendering, or not?  Where is the menu to insert and align
textures to a face or a surface from a file?  Is there a key shortcut?

-What is the one key shortcut for Dissolve Vertices? I already know it sits under the <x> menu.

-I want to auto generate a face or a surface between two [Nurbs Curve]s that do not touch.

-I want the same for two [Bezier Curve]s that do not touch.

-I want to surface fill in for a [Nurbs Curve] loop which is through all 3 dimensions.

-I want the same in a [Bezier Curve] loop.

-The <f> key does not do this.

-What I want to do is fill in with a [Nurbs Surface], the same way that <f> can fill
in a flat surface when dealing with a [Mesh].

Help, Please?

Zachary1234

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:43 pm

-Can you apply textures before rendering, or not?  Where is the menu to insert and align
textures to a face or a surface from a file?  Is there a key shortcut?
I already answered this and provided a link.  There is no menu, you have to adjust the face's UV positions in the UV editor window or using a mapping node in the nodes window.

-What is the one key shortcut for Dissolve Vertices? I already know it sits under the <x> menu.
It's a two-key deal: X then select Dissolve Verticies.  You'll have to map your own keyboard shortcut to create a one-key solution from the User Preferences menu.

-I want to auto generate a face or a surface between two [Nurbs Curve]s that do not touch.
I already answered this one, too.  But I made a slight error: you first have to join the two NURBS by CTRL+J, not just J.  In edit mode, select all then press F.

-I want the same for two [Bezier Curve]s that do not touch.
Join the two CURVES using CTRL+J, then click 2D in the curves panel.  Default is 3D.  If they aren't flat, then it won't work.

-I want to surface fill in for a [Nurbs Curve] loop which is through all 3 dimensions.
Same as for 2D.  This works only with NURBS.

-I want the same in a [Bezier Curve] loop.
Can't be done.

-The <f> key does not do this.
It does for NURBS, but again it can't be done with Bezier curves.

-What I want to do is fill in with a [Nurbs Surface], the same way that <f> can fill
in a flat surface when dealing with a [Mesh].
Not sure what you are asking, but if you are still wanting to make a 3D curve object with a filled surface, you have to use NURBS.

I mentioned this before, but it's work mentioning again: We are all just hobbiests on this site who share a passion for Blender.  We won't know all the ways to use Blender, so we'll offer what we know with a fair dose of conversation and side experiences. If you just want the no-nonsense answer you might be best served by the wiki: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At first I thought it might be a culture barrier issue, but your profile shows you from Australia.  So instead I'll just press upon you the importance of forum customs.  If we take the time to answer your questions and we get them wrong, then at least we tried.  If we give you the right answers, appreciate the fact that we took our time to research them for you and try them out before asking again.  All of your questions took a few minutes of Googling for me to find, even without Blender on hand.  For an inexperienced Blender user like yourself, it's understandable that you ask in a forum because you may not know the right keywords to search, but you must also be willing to research yourself.  Spoon feeding results in incompetence.  Personal motivation results in ability.

After researching your other posts on Blender.org (which is not the place to ask these types of questions--that's a developer's and industry forum), and the comments you're received back on BlenderArtists, I am not the first to point this out to you.  It also seems like you are asking "homework" questions--and we are not here to help you cheat on your assignments.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down