Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Particle Hair, What am I doing wrong?

2 posters

Go down

Particle Hair, What am I doing wrong? Empty Particle Hair, What am I doing wrong?

Post  Glen.MJeeSe Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:08 am

Hi there, I have been testing out some particle hair and am having an issue with rendering.

In the preview render the hair is fine and as I have styled it in the editor, but when I use cycles to render it out on the camera the hair messes up and goes in different directions.... Here's a picture...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is clearly something I am doing wrong, I could not find any other topics with this problem.

thanks.

Glen.MJeeSe

Back to top Go down

Particle Hair, What am I doing wrong? Empty Re: Particle Hair, What am I doing wrong?

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:43 am

I Glen, welcome to the forums!

When it comes to rendering hair in Cycles, scaling causes different effects in the preview and final renders. You can fix this by applying scale to the mesh (CTRL+A). Also, Cycles strand rendering doesn't play well with multiple particle systems (this may have been fixed in 2.7x, though), so that may also impact what you are seeing if you have that setup. These are the only two things I can think of that might cause what you are seeing. Hopefully somebody with more particles experience than me can help you out!
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Particle Hair, What am I doing wrong? Empty Re: Particle Hair, What am I doing wrong?

Post  Glen.MJeeSe Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:24 am

Hi BnBGobo99 thanks for the reply. I will play around with that a little tomorrow and see how it goes.

Glen.MJeeSe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down