Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to stop banding patterns on smooth surfaces

3 posters

Go down

how to stop banding patterns on smooth surfaces Empty how to stop banding patterns on smooth surfaces

Post  Scooter2 Sun May 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Good morning,
I would like to know how to stop banding patterns from showing on smooth surfaces when using raytrace AO. I have tried using constant QMC, adaptive QMC and constant jittered and the pattern changes some but does not go away. I have the same problem with Approximate AO. I do not have the problem without AO. The scene is an indoor set as a garage with medium lighting. I have tried eleminating lights to see if that helps, but did not. I have these AO settings in other indoor scenes without problems. The difference is those scenes have more lighting.
Any suggestions? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

how to stop banding patterns on smooth surfaces Empty Re: how to stop banding patterns on smooth surfaces

Post  BnBGobo99 Sun May 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Scooter,

If you haven't already, I would give the Dither option a try:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

how to stop banding patterns on smooth surfaces Empty perfect

Post  Scooter2 Sun May 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Thank you so much, that is perfect. I have never heard of that and never noticed it. I am grateful for people that know more than me. I wore myself out changing settings.
Thanks again.
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

how to stop banding patterns on smooth surfaces Empty Re: how to stop banding patterns on smooth surfaces

Post  Radialronnie Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 am

Scooter2 wrote:I wore myself out changing settings.
Thanks again.
Scooter
Don't be afraid to ask. It's a good thing to try yourself, of course, but if we know the answer, we might just be able to save you some time.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down