Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

posting images - help!

+2
BnBGobo99
Radialronnie
6 posters

Go down

posting images - help! Empty posting images - help!

Post  Chapel Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:02 pm

Could anyone please take me through the process of posting images on this forum (in detail). I'm unable to figure this out myself!

thanks
Chapel
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

posting images - help! Empty Re: posting images - help!

Post  Radialronnie Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi Chapel!
You have to upload the photo to an external site, then link it back here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In addition to what it says in that tutorial, also copy the BB-Code and paste it into your post:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

test picture:

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 pm

With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant Imgur a non-exclusive, royalty- free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to Imgur pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content Imgur has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense. Also, of course, anything you post to a public portion of our site may be used by the public pursuant to the following paragraph even after you delete it.

Believe it or not, these are fairly reasonable terms this day and age. Thanks for linking this site, RR. Imageshack is no longer free, so I was looking for a replacement. My only concern is it bypasses to adf.ly... but they gotta keep the lights on somehow.

Also, chapel, you can use Forumotion's built in image host--but it's kinda, well... I can't seem to view all the images I've posted. There may be a way, but I can't find it.

When you compose your post, click on the icon with the floppy disk in front of the Polaroid (try asking somebody who's 12 to identify either of those), choose your file and then state how large you want it to be. Once you do that, select the middle link and paste it into your message.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:37 pm

I've been using photobucket pretty comfortably.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:53 am

I'm pretty sure that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are the fastest these days. servimg compresses the hosted image a little too much, though...

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixon Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:49 pm

ah crap when i read about the stuff at IMGUR ..well i think i better stop using that ;D
thanks bunny!!!
what a great test image that is!
Nixon
Nixon

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Oh, twasn't me, but I'll take the credit!  Lol
RR posted it, cool image I agree.

(But if you are referring to the legal terms, I was using that to show that you don't give up all your rights and they don't keep the file after you remove it, except in existing ads/material. It might be standard fair--but it could be worse... I think it's "reasonable" for a free service.)
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:05 am

BnBGobo99 wrote:(I was using that to show that you don't give up all your rights and they don't keep the file after you remove it, except in existing ads/material.  It might be standard fair--but it could be worse... I think it's "reasonable" for a free service.)
Agreed.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:46 am

Thanks guys!

I do not agree that hosting an image should give the host the right to use it as they wish. I do however agree that they can set their terms as they please. Copyright laws state that the author of a work of arts (or any other work) holds the copyright to said work. There are exceptions though, eg. if you work on a project for an employer, the copyright to the project might belong to the employer.
But in my case, I hold the copyright to my work and I'm not going to give up my right to decide who gets to use my work.
So I'm left with a choice: finding a host that doesn't claim the right to use my work as they please or not post anything at all.

I've found one site, that hosts images without those claims. "SomeImage.com".
Does anyone have any experience or opinion about this site?
(There are some issues showing all the created galleries, but all uploaded images can be found and linked to.)

Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:29 am

I agree with thar, Chapel. That being said, I need to read the fine print for the sites I use.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

posting images - help! Empty Maybe create a website just for blenderworld images

Post  Chapel Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi all!

I'm wondering if it's worth it to set up a website to host images for the sole purpose of being able to post images here at Blenderworld without anyone having to give up any rights to their work.

I realize the cost could be considerable, but I find it really annoying, that "outsiders" get any kind of rights to our work.

I have no experience in setting up websites and have not checked up on prices, terms etc.. in different countries.
I'd like to hear if anyone has any ideas or know-how on how this is done.

"Where there is a will, there is a way"

I got the will (not much money though) - but I don't know the way.

Please let me know your thoughts - good or/and bad Smile
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Stand by for more info--I'll talk to Yodaman and Xray--we might be able to help out on this.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:51 am

While I await an internal discussion on this--you can get a domain name for $10-15 a year and hosting for as low as $5 a month.  Most hosts, like BlueHost, offer easy-to-add modules like image hosting and such. Some of these modules are literally drag-and-drop installs.  Others may need a little hand-coding on an already-provided foundation built in php, MySQL, HTML, and CSS.

Since it'll be your server space, you can dictate the image hosting rules (as long as you comply with the hosting providers rules and government restrictions--like mainland China you can't post pictures of umbrellas ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])).  I recommend holding off for a few days though, you may not need to go that far.  More info soon.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Chapel, sorry for the delay--school finals, homework and wife's health was in the decline put me on hold for researching too much. I installed a gallery function in CreativeNewbies that should allow you to host images there, but I'm still working out the bugs and no guarantee that it will host them outside of the CN domain... we'll see.

Scott and I discussed it and we are okay doing a no-copyright-claim image hosting for BW users until CN launches next spring. After that the old gallery will be disbanded and a new one will go in its place.

Give me another week or so to figure out how to link everything together and we should be all set for you to use it without infringing on your copyright.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Very Happy Thank you so much.
My computer just had a total breakdown - lost all my emails for the past two years, software, photos etc. So I´m pretty bummed out at the moment.
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

posting images - help! Empty Figured it out!

Post  Chapel Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:20 am

So, I finally figured out how to post images.
There is this place called freewebsite-service, where you can create your own website. It's no longer free, but the fee is not that much (at the moment about 5-6$ a month), unlimited storage and you do not give up any rights to your work. In other words, the copyright is yours - no matter what.

So here's an example of one my formers works - part of a larger scene
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi Chapel,

I apologize for not getting back to you about hosting images. I have no excuse, just failure to follow through--I'm sorry.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:24 am

No hard feelings.
As it turns out, the solution for me is what you suggested in the answer above.

cheers
chapel
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down