Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to show bug squish against glass? Is that a Lattice modifier?

3 posters

Go down

how to show bug squish against glass? Is that a Lattice modifier? Empty how to show bug squish against glass? Is that a Lattice modifier?

Post  Scooter2 Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:58 pm

Good evening,
I have a scene where a bug hits a glass window and I want to show that animation from the inside of the window. I want to show the bugs face press against the window as it runs into it and smash a little (like a person pressing their face against the window). Is that a good application for a Lattice modifier? I wonder if that would flatten good enough?
I also wonder how to show that the color of the character changes a little at the contact surfaces to make it look like it is actually contacting the glass?
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

how to show bug squish against glass? Is that a Lattice modifier? Empty Re: how to show bug squish against glass? Is that a Lattice modifier?

Post  zyzzy Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:35 pm

A lattice modifier may work, but i think that it might be better to use a shape key...that way you could model the squished bug to look exactly the way you'd like it to look, and still animate it from regular to squished.

maybe?
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

how to show bug squish against glass? Is that a Lattice modifier? Empty Re: how to show bug squish against glass? Is that a Lattice modifier?

Post  Scooter2 Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I think a shape key would work better also. I am not sure what to do about the color change as the character presses against the glass. I wonder if some type of mask would work for that?
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:59 am

How about Blender's dynamic paint thingy?  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum