Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Photos

+4
Radialronnie
Xraygunner
Dobi
BnBGobo99
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your Photos - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Photos

Post  Radialronnie Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:03 pm

affraid [WE NEED A CLEANUP IN AISLE 3, CLEANUP IN AISLE 3 PLEASE.]
Whoa-mama!

[*Muffled* Who took the drool rag?]

I bet a lens like that has some really good low-light performance, eh? What body do you have that on?
"I've heard the blue ones taste best"

Last edited by Radialronnie on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Aw, shucks. Embarassed 

It has an F-stop of 1.8, so it does real well low-light and has incredible bokeh--I have to upload some star-field pics I took with it. The lens is mounted on an inexpensive D3200. I wanted something cheaper as my first DSLR just in case I wasn't any good at it or didn't like it... But I love taking photos now that I have the D3200. (that sounded like an ad, but I meant it.)
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:15 am

Whaaa!? That's the same camera I shoot with!

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:04 pm

We got about 8" of snow today. I took a few shots with my Nikon out the back window. Music is by David Tolk called "In Reverence".

BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi B!

This was wonderful to watch and listen to. Going through some really hard times at the moment, so it was quite meditative and relaxing.
Thanks for sharing this!

cheers
Chapel
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Hey, don't knock the D3200! That thar's a great camera! And yes, it's what we shoot with too. Lol!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Chapel wrote:Going through some really hard times at the moment, so it was quite meditative and relaxing.

Oh no. Hope everything turns out ok. If there's anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to ask!

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Radialronnie wrote:
Chapel wrote:Going through some really hard times at the moment, so it was quite meditative and relaxing.

Oh no. Hope everything turns out ok. If there's anything we can do to help, don't hesitate to ask!

Well, I guess I'll ask then.
Trying to deal with ocd, I need an image of a "brain-sorter".
Your brain usually sorts "rotten" thoughts from good thoughts, keeping the good ones and trashing the rotten ones. When you've got ocd the brainsorter doesnt work anymore and the trash piles up in your brain so much, that you no longer can tell whats true and whats not. So, in order to protect yourself, you treat everything as potentially dangerous.
Figuring out whatever caused the brainsorter to get stuck is a hard and frustrating process. Those of you with kids will know that when your kid hurts, you hurt.
My son and I have enjoyed the images by the members of this forum (back in the days of blendernewbiesforum) and when we talked about the brainsorter, we came to talk about this forum and how well made all the works of art are. And if anyone could create a model of a brainsorter, this would be the place to look.
So - thank you, if anyone will give it a go.

Cheers
Chapel
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:43 am

I haven't forgotten about your project chapel. I don't know if I can picture what you're thinking, but I might give it a go some time. I'll be sure to let you know if I do.

I drove a bit west again with a friend. This trailhead is about 20 minutes from my house. The hike itself is just over 7 miles long.
Bit of post pro on the first two of these. (Because I'm really bad at landscape shots.)

Giga-fricken-pixel panoramic. Strictly speaking, it's 13kpx wide. I have another that's 22kpx wide.
[edit] I figure that if you're paying attention, you'll notice that the clouds are different in the other shot. They were both taken from one spot, but this one is with a much longer lens which shows off the weather rracing in from the west. We got up to the peak, but even with the temps a little above freezing, and a really warm sun, the (I estimate) 80mph wind was too cold to stand for long. Thus we got a few photos before our fingers first turned blue, then white Razz , then took shelter on the down wind side which fortunately was sunlit. We had our snacks and tried to warm up. Before going down, I got this second picture, but the weather had already changed.

Can't forget this one! Possibly one of my favorites from the trip.

Another one that turned out nice.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Beautiful shots there! You're photography is stellar!!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:43 pm

Fantastic photos! Was the first photo using a wide-angle lens, or is Colorado really that high up that you can see the curvature of the Earth?  Shocked 

My favorite also is the flower photo, but the panoramic is very neat too.

<Bunnie story time>I grew up in Idaho/California and traveled Arizona/Nevada/Utah all the time, so I always had the giant redwoods, tall mountains and desert bluffs around but was like 'hm, yup'. Now that I live the East Coast, I watch TV shows about the West in awe... Even watching the Lone Ranger I was like "wow... that's a cool desert landscape". It's funny how you don't miss the mountains and desert until you land in a dense forest of small hills that go on and on and on. (Seriously, we went to Maryland's "mountain" (Catoctin)--it was just a big hill.) One day I'll go back out west for a visit and really take in the sites. Smile </Bunnie story time>
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:11 am

Thanks guys!
Mike, 18mm lens + a high-ish peak. It's less noticeable in person.
I know what you mean about taking places for granted. Going back east or to Europe now is the same way for me. It was routine to live there I guess, but leave it for long enough, and you start seeing it in a new light again.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:28 am

So going away from some of the types of photos here, here's some of the stuff I've taken.  Laughing Basically images I took for my materials failure analysis class. And the 'camera' is a scanning electron microscope.

So the subject is Aluminum 6061 - T6.

This is some ductile fracture, with it being in tension since the micro voids are more circular:

Zoomed in further:

Now in another area, the failure was in shear, hence the voids having a more stretched appearance:

And finally, there was some gas porosity found at a few points:
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 pm

I want one.  bounce  (Not failed aluminum, but an electron scanning microscope.)
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:33 pm

BnBGobo99 wrote:I want one.  bounce   (Not failed aluminum, but an electron scanning microscope.)
They are fun to use, although price wise they are around $50,000... so yeah... Rolling Eyes 
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:34 pm

Instead of studying during my day off for my upcoming language test I was out taking pictures instead.  The first two photos were taken by my wife (hence the better quality than my two at the bottom).  Razz 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], on Flickr

{I don't like how my home-made HDR effect causes that odd glow effect around the branches, but it was the best I could do.  In the original photograph the sky is completely blown out, but since I used a RAW format, I was able to salvage the sky as a second layer and use the darkened areas as a mask.}
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:59 pm

My wife made a greeting card, and I thought it would be nice to take a photo of it so she could share on her Facebook page.  Having just finished watching some Hitchcock-ish film, I thought it would be fun to have an interestingly lit scene.

BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:49 am

I was mentally checking off the photos that I liked "This one's cool! This one..." I like all of them! The colors in the last one really go nicely together.
The card is also beautiful!

Somewhat off topic, but when I went to your flickr link- it goes to your profile rather than your gallery- you had apparently 'liked' this photo. Notice anything?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Fri May 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Straight out of the camera, no post-processing done. (Resized though, of course):
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Sat May 10, 2014 12:20 am

Man, I really like that one! Looks very painterly!!  bounce 
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Your Photos - Page 2 Empty Late Spring Storm

Post  BnBGobo99 Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi all, we had a pretty strong storm move through here a few days ago. I took my Nikon D3200 out for a morning photo-shoot with my 35mm lens. Post-processing was done with Adobe Bridge. There is a wooded area behind my house, with metro tracks behind that, and a firing range behind that, so I have no neighbors behind me for miles (although I live in a townhome, so I have neighbors all down the sides). It's a great place to get some nature shots. Smile

BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:07 pm

One more....
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:41 pm

So just some background on this one. I was riding in a car with my mom, she says "hey that's neat, take a picture", and I scramble to get my phone and I hurriedly took 4 photos as we drove past at 45 mph. After we passed, I looked at the results and was pretty pleased, considering the circumstances.

Probably could do some post processing to make it look even better...
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:42 pm

That's a sight better than any photo I've ever taken out of a car. Michigan?

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum