Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is Your Favorite Render You've Done?

+3
zyzzy
Xraygunner
BnBGobo99
7 posters

Go down

What Is Your Favorite Render You've Done? Empty What Is Your Favorite Render You've Done?

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Of all the renders you've done, either Blender or not, what is your favorite?

Here's mine:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I like it the best because I had only been working with Blender for about five months at this point and everything in this scene was modeled, textured and lit by my own hand. Rendered using Blender Internal on 2.47/48(?) with 30-40 area lights. It took 20 minutes to render this frame on my Sony Vaio Pentium 4 desktop, but only 1 1/2 minutes on my Alienware i7. silent 
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

What Is Your Favorite Render You've Done? Empty Re: What Is Your Favorite Render You've Done?

Post  Xraygunner Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Hmmmm... I'll have to get back to you on this one! I'm going to do some digging, but my latest doodle has my attention for now.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

What Is Your Favorite Render You've Done? Empty Re: What Is Your Favorite Render You've Done?

Post  zyzzy Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:39 pm

I remember that Render...very nice.

this is a hard question...the render that I use the most. ( i've printed it and used it as a postcard, and use it as a header on my youtube channel, etc) is not necessarily my favorite, strangely enough.

one that comes to mind is an early one I did, that i worked very hard on, and was the first real thing I did that wasn't just following a tutorial, but as i look at it now, i'm extremely proud of it, because I learned a LOT doing it, but my favorite?  Not sure.

I'm gonna go with this one...looking back thru my hard drive "archives" I think this may be the project that I enjoy the most.  There were a bunch of renders, but i'm going with this one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:41 pm

My favorite renders seem to end up being the ones that turned out pretty nice, without me pulling out too many hairs over them.
This one for example; I had a rough mental picture of what I wanted, and I managed to make most of it with the skills I already had. The falling snow gave me a bit of trouble, if memory serves, but nothing major.

This one in particular was a lot of fun. It was almost exclusively just a series of little modeling problems which, once I realized that and broke it down like that, made the process relatively easy and enjoyable.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  zyzzy Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:07 pm

I don't recall seeing either of those. renders. they're great.

Do you have any more of the train? I'd like to see it in a little more detail.
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Can't say that I remember those either... although I am getting old. Nice stuff there guys!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 pm

You all should remember this one
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Oh, yeah!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:17 pm

Nice new avatar Z!

Thanks guys! The shot I shared is the only one I did. Here's a higher resolution version;

I hope -my work- allows me the time to do another holiday render this winter. I missed out last year; the first time since 2008.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixon Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:01 pm

I can't find my skull sculpt that i made some 3 years ago...i think it would be that one.

But hey am I the only one that constantly thinks that the last one he did was the best ;D
Nixon
Nixon

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Hey, your post just put us over 1,500 total posts, Nixon! Our forum is now in Lithium status (lightweight but valuable). Wink
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:47 am

BnBGobo99 wrote:Our forum is now in Lithium status (lightweight but valuable). Wink

"Lightweight but valuable": I was speaking with a friend just the other week and he mentioned that his mom received platinum ingots as payment for flute lessons. Pretty wild.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Unhurdof Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:35 pm

I lost alot of my favorite and best stuff, but this screencap from a work in progress has survived...  Cool 

Unhurdof
Unhurdof

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum