Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place Empty The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat May 11, 2013 10:51 pm

... So, I'm rendering two 1920x1080 Cycles videos at the same time... one using the GPU and one using the CPU. We'll see if my computer catches fire or the circuit breaker flips first.... Hopefully I'll have a nice video to show tomorrow (...or next week). Smile
~~~
Lesson of the day: Ubuntu clears your tmp folder when you restart apparently. So my two 1920x1080 animations were completed, and then immediately erased. Sad
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place Empty This is your brain on watermelon.

Post  BnBGobo99 Tue May 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Five days off work is too much, apparently.

Why cut watermelon when you can make a public service announcement?

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place Watermelonbrain
The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place Watemelonabuse

Spoiler:
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place Empty Re: The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place

Post  Xraygunner Wed May 15, 2013 12:33 am

You're an odd man. No lol!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place Empty Re: The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place

Post  BnBGobo99 Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:59 pm

I can't stop laughing.

7,600 of 7,743 people found the following review helpful
Very satisfied, November 25, 2013
By James O. Thach "@JamesOtisThach"
This review is from: Samsung UN85S9 85-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV (Electronics)
My wife and I bought this after selling our daughter Amanda ... We actually got a refurbished. It's missing the remote, but oh well-- for $10K off, I can afford a universal, right? The picture is amazing. I've never seen the world with such clarity.

Amanda, if you're reading this, hang in there, honey! We'll see you in a year.

I just wanted to add an addendum to my review. Since posting it, we have received a flood of responses. People have said some pretty hurtful things--even questioning our values. Let me assure you, this was not an easy decision to make, and we made it as a family. Obviously, it's very personal. But in light of all the second-guessing, I wanted to explain our thinking.

First and foremost, screen size. I really think you can't go too big. 85" may seem huge, but you get used to it fast. Second, resolution. Is 4K overkill? Please, that's what they said about 1080P! More dots = better. Period. And as far as this being a $40,000 "dumb" TV, people need to re-read my initial post: WE BOUGHT IT REFURBISHED. It was only $30,000.

Some of you may think I'm avoiding the "elephant in the room"-the real reason why this was such a heart-wrenching choice. So let's just get it out there. Yes, the 120 Hz refresh rate is a disappointment, especially on a 4K. But life is full of compromises. And frankly, we hardly notice. All in all, no regrets.

P.S., as for our daughter, NO ONE has the right to question our parenting. Totally out of bounds. Amanda was going into 7th grade, so it was going to be a transitional year anyway. Now she gets to see the world. How many kids her age get to go to Bahrain? I sure as heck didn't, but you don't hear me screaming "child abuse." Bottom line: MYOB! Seriously.

BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:11 pm

What the!?...
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:52 am

I've finally decided to open Studio Greenleaf.  The staff were cheap, but they don't do anything I say.
The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place Tumblr_mux8i4CSRk1si1eygo1_500

(At least the one in the back-right looks like he's trying to type.  I'll make him my CFO.)
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:46 pm

Should I watch Transformers or Jurassic Park tonight?

Why not both!  At the same time!  Together!!!1!e
The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place Ktyr
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:14 pm

Ooh, ooh, ooh! How have I not seen this thread yet?

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place UGT00i3

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:18 pm

If you look closer, you'll see that the one with the ABS on has a longer stopping distance Razz

---------------------------------- From the Photo thread...

Way of life is never only determined by mindset. In most of the times it is just pure chance, man, "luck". No matter how hard you try or what your mindset is, if you're the wrong man at the wrong place in the wrong time then forget about doing anything. Basically, hard work does NOT always pay off... still, neither does "luck" - you need both.

What I said about trying hard - it goes the other way around as well, I know that from personal experience. You know how I got my nice job? Just one year ago I had my very first Programming exam at my university. The professor happened not only to be a lector at the university, but also a boss of a software company. In the beginning of the exam, he said that anyone who has a score above X points will be given a chance at his company - the company that I never intended to work in and I didn't even have an idea he was looking for new people there, I wasn't looking for a job neither! So at the end like 80% of my peers had failed the exam, 15% had passed it with OK grades and just few of us got a chance for a job. How lucky am I? Think about it - I may be a working man for just a few months as of now, but I'm still getting like twice the money many people around here get after working their heads off for many years!

So, it's not just about hard work and mindset - it's more about luck... and lots of it! And that "Flappy bird" guy? Oh, he is just a proof of what I'm saying. I bet he was just being bored, chilling with a beer in one hand on a warm day wondering how to loose some time, so he came up with an idea for a dumbass game, never intending it to be successful. He was just lucky it got viral. He made it in just 3 days, after all, what could he expect! Oh, and he may be living in Vietnam, but he succeeded through the Internet. Think about that Wink 

Finally, about being frugal... That's pretty much an art on its own. And you made a really good point with this one. But still, this is your mindset. It is great you can talk about business and that kind of stuff. I find talking about business and opportunities to be kind of overwhelming. I am more like the Dude from the Big Lebowski Movie, you know. Laid back, always loving to talk about life in general and stuff like that with friends. And I'm also used to enjoying good stuff while it is still available and letting bad stuff go (pretty much like the Dude). For me being frugal is more about buying clothes from the local gypsy market instead from the mall and getting a Chinese smartphone instead of a Blackberry. Still, I bought an over-the-top computer that probably won't bring me a penny because I'm too lazy to sell my CG stuff on the 'net. So much for being a canny guy...
</rant>

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Unhurdof Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:53 pm

@ Dobi:

“The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity.”
“Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.”
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”

You have a talent. You have an education. You are young. The world is yours, man.  Cool

@ Mike:
LOL, awesome pics man.  Very Happy 
Unhurdof
Unhurdof

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 am

BTW, Dobi... I saw an ad in the "Paid" section of BA yesterday. I completely forgot about it until I saw your post. Someone is looking for a car modeler and I instantly thought of you. You should check it out if you have some extra time on your hands.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:05 am

Xraygunner wrote:BTW, Dobi... I saw an ad in the "Paid" section of BA yesterday.  I completely forgot about it until I saw your post.  Someone is looking for a car modeler and I instantly thought of you.  You should check it out if you have some extra time on your hands.

You speaking about this one: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?327143-Hot-Rod-Car-model
Yeah, thanks, I left him a message, but it has to get approved by a moderator... geez. I hope it doesn't get disapproved because I didn't give a link to my own website, but rather to my NFS mod gallery at nfscars.net... and I also hope it doesn't get disapproved because I only have 2 posts at this place.

@Unhurdof: Very inspirational quotes, man, thanks. One of these days, I really got to think about how we perceive the world and the events around us, because:
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” - I never really thought about luck in this way.

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Unhurdof Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Dobi wrote:@Unhurdof: Very inspirational quotes, man, thanks. One of these days, I really got to think about how we perceive the world and the events around us, because:
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” - I never really thought about luck in this way.

I'm glad you got something from the quotes, Dobi. I hope my short post didn't seem insensitive. I've felt the same way as you before. I just think if you stay in a negative state of mind, it will often prevent you from taking advantage of positive things right in front of you. That is what I call, "bad luck." If you ever wanna vent some more, feel free. Sometimes just getting things off one's chest makes one feel better, and an outsider's voice can help lend a new perspective to the current situation.  Cool
Unhurdof
Unhurdof

Back to top Go down

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place Empty Bane Cat

Post  BnBGobo99 Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:32 pm

Do you feel in charge?

Yes, I'm the owner.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:03 am

*breathing sound* I peed in it.
That was great.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:43 pm

What crazyness is going on in Colorado, RR?!
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:57 am

Crazy is right! I thought it was some cool CG going on till I realized those were tumble weeds. Whodda thought?
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 am

Yeah what? Me and a friend wanted to roast marshmallows.
I haven't seen a fire funnel up close yet, and I'm pretty much okay with that, but dust devils are a common occurrence away from the foothills. Fire happens too sometimes, and when you get both...

It's kind of cool to see the smoke drift towards the rising column at around the 3:00 mark.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:36 pm

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place 8985197dc9848bc815453c699d805710
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:45 pm

The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place P8tycOQ
The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place 6X796Mb

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:06 pm

That was a wonderful video, Daniel. Thank you for sharing it.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Absolutely! Love those kinds of films. They mean quite a lot when you have little ones that you hope somehow eventually see what you are trying to teach them and they grow up to surpass those expectations! Good stuff!!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:50 am

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:54 am

Happy Easter y'all!

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat May 17, 2014 6:10 pm

BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next