Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blender Crashing?

3 posters

Go down

Blender Crashing? Empty Blender Crashing?

Post  zyzzy Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:48 pm

It seems like Blender still crashes quite a bit for me...is anyone else noticiing this? Or is it maybe a problem on my end.

I still can't seem to learn to save my stuff often enough though.

very frustrating.
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Blender Crashing? Empty Re: Blender Crashing?

Post  Dobi Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Well, Blender has been quite stable and reliable for me in the last 2 months (2.62). It doesn't crash while rendering, almost everything I frequently use works flawlessly, it's pretty good. I had only one or two critical crashes from which I had to redo things. And I took the habit of saving more frequently because of them.

What is funny for me is that otherwise 2.62 seems to crash on those simple file commands - New, Open and Load. And it doesn't crash on Save and Save As. Completely harmless, but still anoying crashes. Very Happy

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangebloke Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:13 pm

I've had a few crashes with 6.2. Not often enough to lose work so sounds like something might have got trashed with your install Z. Maybe clean it out and re-install?

The weirdest one I had was when I'd left it open when I went out. Came back an hour later, sat at PC, as I reached for the mouse the whole screen went white "Blender has stopped responding" Like it was just waiting for me to come back!

My mate at work reckons Blender is like the Rain Man. Capable of breathtaking mathmatical feats, then fails to get the price of a chocolate bar correct Smile

For example yesterday I tried to render a landscape with a heavy subsurf modifier on it. Watched in horror as it ate my entire 8Gb of RAM then munched it's way into the swap file. Screen went black, expected the worst... but no it recovered. Did produce a render but with no sun light on so failed.
Later when I'd turned down the subsurf and was adding a texture node... CRASH!

Finished the tutorial off though and it didn't crash again so I can live with that.

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down