Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kernons health

+10
Nixon
finkgab
Radialronnie
Strangebloke
Myrmedon
zyzzy
Dobi
Yodaman921
BnBGobo99
grims
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

kernons health - Page 3 Empty Re: kernons health

Post  finkgab Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:44 pm

it's been almost a month since the last update, how's it going?

finkgab

http://www.bufonstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:28 pm

I'm not sure; I haven't heard from Mike in a good while. I hope he's doing OK.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Sorry for the absence guys, I've been "out of pocket" for quite a while. I begin my new job tomorrow... it should be an adventure. You'll likely not see me around very much for the next while, unfortunately.

I've mailed off Kernon's card, I'll be honest in saying I don't expect a reply. Thank you everybody for helping coordinate this multi-continental project together! bounce

I hope you all continue to bond together as former BlenderNewbies alumni. I'll hop on in as frequently as I'm able to. albino
- Mike
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 pm

It's good to hear from you again, it's been a while! Any chance you could tell us about your new job?

Random; Now that Blendernewbies is practically gone, do you suppose you could reupload that "squadron" video you made for BN? You know that one where it was as though we all died and were honored with stars shown to the rousing tune of Heart of Courage? Wink

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Whaaaaaa?... How did I miss that one!?
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Radialronnie wrote:
Random; Now that Blendernewbies is practically gone, do you suppose you could reupload that "squadron" video you made for BN? You know that one where it was as though we all died and were honored with stars shown to the rousing tune of Heart of Courage? Wink

+1 Very Happy
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Xraygunner wrote:Whaaaaaa?... How did I miss that one!?
It wasn't up for very long. Mike took it down before he went overseas. I think you weren't showing up a lot that summer or something.

He created the video showcasing his squadron I think, and I guess the part that we saw originally had other names on it, but he replaced the names with a handful of BNer's names. The song playing in the background was dangerously epic, and all in all we were pretty surprised when he posted it.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixon Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Great to hear you are okay Mike:)
I feel with you about your new job, i m busy lately too...often 12-15 hours a day..but it was fun all the way so far:)

Wish you all the best and hope to chat to you now or then albino

Ah yeah about that vid +1!!!
Nixon
Nixon

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:16 pm

Hey All,

I have three backup hard drives for all files except videos which are saved to the rugged and reliable "robust" drive... a drive that happened to give out on me. I lost several videos....

The new job is just like the old one, just working with a new group of people. I now manage 100 Airmen, Sailors and Soldiers (no Marines or Coast Guard though). I reenlist in January for the final time--so we'll likely get orders to move once that paperwork goes through.

I do have Sony Vegas file to that BlenderNewbies video... it's missing some parts, but if you all send me your "tag" I can recreate those. I remember RR's was "Wyoming Cowboy" and I think it was Deate had "Texas Ranger"... XRay was "Radioactive Ninja" I think, lol. I really can't remember the others, though. Sad

PS - I did find several "lost" videos while looking for the BlenderNewbies video, I've uploaded them to my BnBGobo YouTube Channel if you are interested in checking them out.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:51 am

Very nice stuff in there! I didn't realize you had a youtube channel. All I seem to have to show for any of my efforts are "tests", lol! Nice work!!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  ifcruickshank Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Just curious if anyone has an update on the status of the card, or Kernon in general. I didn't participate in the making of the card, but am a purchaser of Kernon's latest dvd and would just like to follow up and know if he's okay or not.

ifcruickshank

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:43 pm

ifcruickshank, I did hear back from Kernon a day or two ago. I will post an update to BlenderArtists in a few days giving everybody an update. I won't have a timeline for refunds or DVD shipments to pass along, though.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  ifcruickshank Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:20 am

BnBGobo99 wrote:ifcruickshank, I did hear back from Kernon a day or two ago. I will post an update to BlenderArtists in a few days giving everybody an update. I won't have a timeline for refunds or DVD shipments to pass along, though.

Thanks so much for the update! I'm looking forward to more info, but sounds like Kernon is doing better which is a good thing.

ifcruickshank

Back to top Go down

Post  ifcruickshank Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 am

BnBGobo99, sorry to be a pest but did I miss the update?

ifcruickshank

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 am

ifruickshank, I posted an update on the BA thread. I'll be collecting order information from folks who want refunds or who still want the DVDs, and then mailing that information back to Kernon. This might help him prioritize his refund/order processing, or it might be an unwanted task--but at least we can help guide him along. If he does need help, then we can help organize things as well as we can on this end. The sooner he can put this episode behind him the better he'll be later on.

Also, what do you all think about taking over BlenderNewbies from him? If we purchased the domain and asked him to forward us his latest backup from March to get the website back online, do you think whoever purchased the website would be financially liable for those past DVD orders?
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Blendermonkey Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:41 pm

BnBGobo,

My heart is at Blendernewbies, not here, so getting that site on and running would be great Very Happy
If you want I can help with the website, I have knowledge of HTML, javascript and a bit of css.

Btw I just joined and it's nice to see all the familiar people here ^^ Hi all!!!

Blendermonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:33 pm

HOWDY! *Big hand wave*
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Blendermonkey Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:56 am

Xray!!! Very Happy

Blendermonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:29 pm

I'll be mailing out a letter to Kernon by Wednesday, if anybody would like to PM me a message to add I'll be happy to print it out and include it in the envelope.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  DaedalusYoung Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi.
I remember BlenderNewbies from a long time ago. I believe when it was first started, I registered there.
So naturally, when I heard Kernon has had terrible health issues, I was very much saddened. I found the topic on BlenderArtists the other day, in which this thread is linked and I'm glad to hear Kernon is doing better now.
If you need more help getting BN back up and running, I'd love to help. I can do HTML, CSS and PHP coding.

As for the DVD issue, idk if and how much Kernon had already recorded, and how much still applies to Blender 2.6, but I was thinking, can't we help out with that as well? I am unfortunately no pro with Blender 2.6, but if there's others that are, can't we try and record a load of tutorials, as a community effort, make that into the DVD to send out to whoever ordered it? Maybe it'd help take away some of the stress for Kernon and it'd get the people their product.

Anyway, if you need help, let me know.

DaedalusYoung

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Thank you for the offer, DaedalusYoung. I think Kernon did complete the DVD series, it was just a matter of burning them and shipping them off. I am hoping the March 2012 image of the BN forums will be hosted some time in 2013, and any posts that were made from that point on will be lost--although I don't think there was too much after then since that's about when spam posts outnumbered real posts. But we'll see... I think Kernon has a later image that can be used, it will just need to be cleaned up a bit.

If he does reboot, maybe he can give it an epic movie sequel worthy name like BlenderNewbies - Resolution. Razz
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  DaedalusYoung Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 pm

Complete with Cycletastic trailer! Smile

DaedalusYoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 pm

BnBGobo99 wrote:If he does reboot, maybe he can give it an epic movie sequel worthy name like BlenderNewbies - Resolution. Razz
Remember that terrible animation we created for the third[?] Blender Newbies anniversary?
This whole story*, and that title is top-notch animation material.

*Kernon's illness and disappearance, etc. Dramatization encouraged.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangebloke Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:38 pm

We'll need a tag line.

Something like

They're back... and this time they rendered in CYCLES! Smile

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content