Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old street

3 posters

Go down

Old street Empty Old street

Post  Chapel Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:35 am

Tried out different things in this image:

Wet streets, growing ivy, different lighting effects and a few other variations of colouring, but this black-and-white came out the best.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Old street Empty Re: Old street

Post  BnBGobo99 Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Wow--this is a throwback, I'm glad to see you work on this once again! It came out great--the headlight beams especially, you nailed the mix of atmospherics with the mood and tone of the image. Moving the vehicle off center was a good idea as well--it allows our mind to mentally "drive" the car down the roadway and off the image's edge. Also, the dark doors and barrels gave a contrasting balance to the dominating light on the left. This image works great in b/w.

I'm curious if you do other art mediums or software outside of Blender?
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:46 am

Thank you, B Smile

I would love to learn to draw things, but I find it hard to find time for it. Tried inkscape and Gimp, but for now I'm restricting my self to just one thing - Blender.
I know many of you guys have expanded your artistic horizon with great results, and maybe - one day I'll find time too.
(I am working on another project - creating a book/movie, but it is totally unrelated to Blender. For copyright reasons I can not share the content, but it is quite timeconsuming).
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:12 am

I hear that, Chapel! I'm trying to limit what I do to this monstrous drawing (well there's actually two...) that I've been working on for way too long. Oh, well. How else to progress forward? Smile
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum