Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birthday Present!

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Birthday Present! - Page 2 Empty Re: Birthday Present!

Post  Xraygunner Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:24 am

I'm continuing down the road with traditional media.  I didn't get too far along in the process when I basically just set the computer aside and started drawing (although the computer comes in real handy for the reference materials).  It's still going VERY slowly, but I'm at least making progress.

I'll take another snapshot and upload here, when I get just a bit more done.  Like I've been telling family... I'd really like to get two weeks straight with it.  No interruptions.  If life were that simple!

*Edit* Now that I re-read the post I'll go ahead and upload the 3D part as well. Anyway, I may still use it. I'd love to see what Cycles does with the shadows... if I can set it all up correctly (match what's in my head).
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:11 am

Alrighty... here's where I am as of tonight.  Managed to put in a bit of time.  Mostly working on clouds and figuring out where I want details such as leaves or direction of the hair in the wind.  Anyway, it's still very rough and looks like I've got a LONG way to go.  It'll come together eventually... just wish it could be faster.  I've got too many ideas floating in my head and seem to get distracted pretty easily when it comes to creative type stuff.

This represents several firsts for me.  The major one being the size.  This one is 5 feet tall and 3.5 wide.  Another first is trying to document as much as possible, so I've been writing down my time spent.  I toyed with doing a time lapse, but in the early stages it just frustrated me... I guess I could start now, but might not have the same effect as a start to finish.  Oh, well.  Enjoy (so far)!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Since this is/has turned into more of a 2D, I think I'll be moving over to that. I've got some things in the works for this and a few others I'm working on in parallel. More soon.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:10 am

I'm taking a close look at your drawing... and I'm really impressed with the clouds in the upper-left corner. Would it be too much to ask how you accomplished those? (also, the mud flinging off the hoofs is a really neat touch--somehow it makes the horse fell grounded into the picture (not sure if that make's sense)).
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:31 pm

I wish I could give you some meaningful nugget of wisdom here, but unfortunately all I'm doing is going darker and blending in a swirl type motion. Time is on my side so I'm going slow (too slow really).

As for the "mud" it's a placeholder. As I render it out better it should be water and wet hair. The horse was in the middle of a creek when the lightning spooked it, so it's making a turn away from the crash.

I really need to get back to it...there's so many things left to do with it!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Again, it's been too long! I will post an update with what I have on the board as of today. I'm ashamed that it really isn't much more along than the last image, but it's got my attention once more and I'm really gunning for finishing this baby!!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Alrighty then, without further musings... oh, wait, wait.  Forgot.  Please forgive the "cartoony" look of the clouds and bark on the tree and all that.  I've finally been bitten by the bug of "let's get this going", and have become a fan of these placeholders.  In essence it is a way for me to make up my mind on some of the nuances of the piece.  These get me further along to where I will quit staring at it and actually get involved and DRAW!   Suspect 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Edit: Looking at it the way it posts I could stand to darken the image a bit for better clarity.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2