Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to stop "restrict/allow" visibility or renderability from resetting

2 posters

Go down

How to stop "restrict/allow" visibility or renderability from resetting Empty How to stop "restrict/allow" visibility or renderability from resetting

Post  Scooter2 Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Good evening,
Does anyone know how to stop "restrict/allow" visibility or renderability from resetting automatically when I close and reopen a file? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

How to stop "restrict/allow" visibility or renderability from resetting Empty Re: How to stop "restrict/allow" visibility or renderability from resetting

Post  Xraygunner Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:05 pm

I suppose I'd need a more specific instance in how or when this happens so that I can try to recreate the problem from my end.  Other than that I'd be stabbing in the dark.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

How to stop "restrict/allow" visibility or renderability from resetting Empty Re: How to stop "restrict/allow" visibility or renderability from resetting

Post  Scooter2 Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Good evening,
When I am in a file and when I "restrict visibility or renderability" on particles using the outliner then close the file, they will be automatically turned back on next time I open the file.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Ok, please excuse my ignorance here because I'm sure that I'm missing something.  I set up a "test" file with a particle system, saved it and closed out.  I opened it back up and then went into the outliner and turned off renderability.  At this point there's two things that can be done, either save and exit or just exit.  When I saved it and then came back to it, it was still set to off.  When I just closed without saving and came back it was of course on.  As far as I can tell mine doesn't undo what I've done after saving.  Are you using an earlier version, or am I just not getting it?
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter2 Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Good evening,
I am sorry, I failed to provide enough detail again. I am working in a scene with linked sets and characters, so if you made a new file and linked your test file that has the particles into the new file then try restricting renderability in the new file, save, close and reopen, that is where you may experience what I am referring to.
Also, I am using version 2.58.
Thanks for looking.
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:06 am

Ok, figured it out.  When I link a particle system file to a new file and that particle system is set to renderable then you will see it that way in the file that you linked it to.  I'm guessing that's because the file that it is linked to is "gathering" that information from the latest settings within that current particle system file.  If I go back into that original file and save it as non-renderable then it reflects that change in the linked file.  I didn't test to see if it did it dynamically or not, but it works by opening and closing one after the other... another words, I don't know if it will change it on the fly.  BTW, I'm using 2.67b.
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter2 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks for looking.
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down