Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impressive CG

+3
grims
Xraygunner
Radialronnie
7 posters

Go down

Impressive CG Empty Impressive CG

Post  Radialronnie Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:14 pm

How about we share any well made CG (not only 3D) art that we come across.

Love this piece; everything's so well made. The dirt in the grout, the soft towels, everything's so well done.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Impressive CG Empty Re: Impressive CG

Post  Xraygunner Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Nice image there! I'd have to look pretty close to ever think that it was CG.

Here's a pretty cool short I came across on CGTalk...

Sweet stuff!!

Last edited by BnBGobo99 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added video tags around URL)
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  grims Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:17 pm

wow those are both great i love it
grims
grims

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Tue May 01, 2012 1:06 pm

If you haven't seen these guys, I'd definitly spend a moment to check them out;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Just watch it. The clip also carries a deep message about life in modern times.

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:46 pm

You know, I still just can't get over this! I've been re-watching this a couple times today, and it's so awesome especially when you find out that this guy did this all himself. Granted it took something like 7 or 9 years if I remember correctly... guess I'll read that again at some point (still looking over his personal site). Anyway, from start to finish it's a top notch effort even if it were by a TEAM of artists!

It's just so darn good it brings a tear to my eye.  Sad 

Do check out his other newer stuff... WOW!!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:35 pm

This is awesome:

Now see this, too:
I'm going to try some of that compositing stuff.

I checked out the company, MPC, and that is one I really hope to land with someday. My wife and I talked at length about my future and we both decided to press forward with a degree in digital graphics and advertising. Hopefully I'll be able to get with an outfit like this one day.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:02 pm

With your eye for detail and the drive to make it happen, we'll be seeing your name in credits in no time!  Twisted Evil 
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangebloke Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:37 am

I agree with xray, we'll be watching your stuff soon Smile

All the best of luck with your degree etc.

I love the breakdown in the second video you posted. I notice they seemed to have tilted the sky plane. I never thought of that but it adds depth nicely. Must give that a try!

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:29 am

Amazing eye animation.  Not Blender, but something doable in Blender I feel, what do y'all think?

BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Bloody hell.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:50 pm

affraid 
Everything about this is stunning. Look at that skin! And that little line of ocular fluid between the bottom of the visible eye, and the eyelid!
The surface texture of the eye that you can see when the glare is over the Sclera is also brilliant. Not to speak of the animation... *Dies*

Is this doable in blender? Sure, I think so. We've seen something similar already being passed around on BA a year ago or so. It did not have the detail scale this does, but that's just a matter of making a smaller area. With cycles now getting SSS, and strand tech, I think it would be up to the task.
[edit] cursory research revealed that this was made by the same person that was behind [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and was created using Lightwave and sculptris with some Krita.
Blender, for my understanding, is nearly, if not entirely, comparable to Lightwave, Sculptris is free, as is Krita, though I fail to understand how Krita would be used here.

I would like to see this level of quality used to explain how certain human anatomical elements work. Instead of the Solid-Color-Simple-Mesh-Objects-For-Biomed-Visualization, you know what I'm talking about, this would be fantastic to educate the masses on what goes on inside us. Imagine the camera dipping into this eyeball and showing a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Something like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would also be cool.

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Yeah, if you haven't already you should have a look at his personal webpage... he's got some awesome modeling and animation skills!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Unhurdof Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:40 am

@ Dobi : IDIOTS is awesome, lol. I don't think I'll be able to get the image of the Apple logo, being replaced with a head silhouette with a big bite taken out of it for a long time, lol.  Very Happy 

@ Xray : The Passenger is well made, and it's also pretty entertaining. I've gotta say, I see what you mean. I love stuff like this.  Cool 

@ Bunny : Eye Piece is cool, and it's also kind of clever in a practical way too. If you take a look at the wireframes, and you see how dense the artist made the mesh to achieve the target level of detail, you can imagine even a full head would have been quite a task to render. Absolutely possible in Blender too, of course.  Cool .  The MPC reel is just...well, inspiring. It's fun to watch certain clips like this sometimes, and try to break down how it might have been realized technically. I noticed a few clips from The Man of Steel in there too. The Man of Steel, was...wow. Did you see it yet? If you did and you find time to do a review sometime, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I loved it.  Cool
Unhurdof
Unhurdof

Back to top Go down

Post  Unhurdof Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:12 am

@ Bunny : The same artist who made the eye animation, whose name appears to be Chris Jones, has some pretty impressive videos on his youtube channel.  This one is pretty cool because of the increased level of complexity and the slick presentation:

Face Test

He appears to be a Lightwave 3D user, using a hybrid setup of shape keys and bones to generate facial animation. ( which is pretty common to ensure quality ). But, it seems he's taken it a step further and is also employing animated displacement maps to add another level of believability to his deformations for acting and close up purposes. For the heads up display type of interface... I'm not sure what kind of tools Lightwave might have to facilitate this, but I'm positive that all of the above mentioned, including the HUD is completely doable in Blender. Thanks for sharing the Eye Piece video that lead me directly to this. Really cool stuff.  Cheers. Cool
Unhurdof
Unhurdof

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Sun May 11, 2014 5:43 pm

I thought this was a pretty neat composite FX breakdown:
{warning: contains scenes of people on fire.}
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down