Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1969 Chevy Camaro RS

+6
Xraygunner
finkgab
zyzzy
Strangebloke
Nixon
Dobi
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1969 Chevy Camaro RS Empty 1969 Chevy Camaro RS

Post  Dobi Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dobi

Back to top Go down

1969 Chevy Camaro RS Empty Re: 1969 Chevy Camaro RS

Post  Nixon Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Pretty great...*thumbsup
nice model and year...cool camaro!

with some tweaks to the geometry i bet one could make that a GTR ;D

Nixon
Nixon

Back to top Go down

1969 Chevy Camaro RS Empty 1969 Chevy Camaro RS

Post  Strangebloke Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Ooh that looks VERY nice. Excellent work Dobi.

Any chance of seeing a mesh view? I'd be interested to see how it's been created.

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Thank you, both.

And "mesh view"... what do you mean? Like a screenshot off Edit mode, or something?

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangebloke Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:04 pm

You're welcome.

Sorry wasn't clear. Yes a screen grab out of edit or wireframe view.
Or maybe a render with a wire texture if you want to really go for it Smile (probably too time consuming compared to the other way though)
E.g from Kernon's rubber duck tutorial coupled with a method from Blender 2.5 Hotshots
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  zyzzy Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:41 pm

awesome car.

i went to high school with a guy whose GRANDMOTHER had one of these.

his GRANDMOTHER!!!!!!!!! she was a little old lady about 75 yrs old and drove it to the grocery store occasionally,

this was in the mid '80s.

I told the guy i wanted to buy his grandmother's car, and he said "yeah, you and every other guy that has ever seen it."

anyway, i've always loved that car!
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:53 am

zyzzy wrote:awesome car.

i went to high school with a guy whose GRANDMOTHER had one of these.

his GRANDMOTHER!!!!!!!!! she was a little old lady about 75 yrs old and drove it to the grocery store occasionally,

this was in the mid '80s.

I told the guy i wanted to buy his grandmother's car, and he said "yeah, you and every other guy that has ever seen it."

anyway, i've always loved that car!
I love stories like that. The first gen Camaro IMO is the most awesome car in the world. It just combines so many epic elements into it - timeless design, mystique (it was made for only 3 years and every car was different), they are sporty and fast EVEN by today's standarts and let's not forget their unique character. Yeah, Ford-boys can go all day like how it was Ford who created the pony car, but in the end it is still Chevy who improved the pony car and started the whole war.
Now, here in Bulgaria there are known to exist only 2 first gen Camaros, both '69. Though, only one's in a running condition and the idiot is asking a price too high for it... One of my goals for the next 5 years is to get my hands on one of those.
Yes, the one that's in running condition has a front clip out of a 2nd gen Firebird, Lada doorhandles and fake Corvette-wannabe exhaust pipes for some stupid reason.

As for the wireframe shots, here they are:

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangebloke Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:53 pm

Nice clean mesh. I like it even more now Smile

Keep it up, looking forward to seeing more of this.

That first photo is a sad sight. Needs someone rich who cares to get hold of it and restore it

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Well, thank you. Glad you like it. I gotta admit, though that it doesn't turn out as accurate as the 2002 Camaro I started modeling some time back. Thing is, that with this model I'm more like shooting to improve my techinique than my accuracy. And I gotta tell ya, I kind of developed my own way of modeling stuff, a way that I didn't see in a single tutorial.

You know, first I box-model the basic shape of the thing (a car, a weapon, whatever I'm modeling) without any details (like 800 polies at maximum) and add a subsurf on level 1. While subsurf is active, I crease it the best I can so I can get the best sharpness I can get out of that really-lowpoly subsurfed mesh. Then I apply the Level 1 subsurf modifier so I can get to work on all the additional faces directly inside Edit mode. Mesh is still low poly, though. 2700 polies at max, so it is still easy to work on. So, I add Subsurf on level 1 this time, but I never apply it. At 2700 polies I easily add all the specific details without ruining edge loops or getting a messy wireframe. I still use as much creasing as I can, though. I think that creasing is a very good way of defining details and such without actually adding more polies to a subsurfed mesh. The bad thing about subsurf is that the more levels you put, the more unneeded geometry you get. So, I do my best to get the best smoothness at level 1 and use level 2 only for high-res close-up renders and stuff. On level 1 this Camaro has 21k polies and you saw by yourself how good that looks.

I think all that is impressive, considering the fact that my Camaro is basically a 800 polies mesh with one level of an applied subsurf modifier and one level of an added (active) subsurf modifier.

Curently I'm stuck on the front end of the car, because as I told you in this project I'm going for improving my technique rather than my accuracy. So, I stumbled upon a problem regarding the accuracy of the front clip which is preventing me from making a grill which looks like the real one. So, no I have to realigh some dges and stuff before I can continue...

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Yep, just got the front end pretty much finished. Also modeled the hood and the fender vents. Smile

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  finkgab Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Shocked it looks awesome!
Very clean and smooth... I hope you haven't abandoned it!

finkgab

http://www.bufonstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Nope, haven't abandoned it. While I was still in Sofia, I added pretty much the whole exterior trim. Here's quite the detailed list:
- finished the whole rear end - added spoiler, taillights, finished rear bumper, made rear badging;
- added all the window molding chrome trim;
- added trunk and door locks and handles;
- finished and refined whatever wasn't right about the front end.

Now the only and I REALLY mean the only exterior-related things that are left to be finished/made are a bit of the badging, mirrors, wheels, window glasses, exhaust pipes and radio antenna... Oh, and I have to find a way to add the vents in front of the front windshield.

So yeah, there's quite the progress that I haven't showed to you guys as of yet. When I get back to my homecity, I'll show ya some renders.

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Sweet! I've got a new-found appreciation for these car models... I just stopped by an acquaintance's shop where he had a few (of the more recent) hot rods and the like. I'd sure like a lil time behind the wheel on the local drag in one of any of 'em!!
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:51 pm

There, it goes - all the unseen progress I've been tellin' you about!

Sorry for the over-illuminated back end, though. Hope your eyes don't burn Very Happy

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixon Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:57 pm

woah this has come a long way since i last seen
it
...when it comes to cars theres noone getting close to you Dobi!!!
beautiful, YOU OWN! cheers
Nixon
Nixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangebloke Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Completely agree. Beautiful work!

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  grims Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:28 pm

I know this is a little late but you havent lost a thing when it comes to car models dobi
as far as the actual car i had one....like the model better. traded it and some money for a stang i still made out
grims
grims

Back to top Go down

Post  Strangebloke Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 pm

I hope he hasn't stopped working on this , I really wanna see the final model. It is fantastic work.

Strangebloke

Back to top Go down

Post  grims Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:04 am

i dont think he stopped maybe interupted hes one of the the best car modelers on here
grims
grims

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:51 pm

grims wrote:i dont think he stopped maybe interupted
This ^

grims wrote:hes one of the the best car modelers on here
Whoa! Not sure if among the best, but I'm definetly trying now and then. Very Happy Thanks Smile

So, I seperated the doors and started adding detail betwean the interior and the exterior (not sure how the door area is called on English Very Happy), because I'm plannin' to make the doors openable for renders and such.

Today I also gave my first shot at Cycles and I realised that it is about time to change my PC. Just look at that render time!!!

Here are the renders themselves. You can't really see any door detail, but I really added a lot of it... it's just not noticable on those renders.

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Wow, just wow. This has really come a long way. Cant say too much at this point, but I would really love to see the cycles renders with all of the noise gone. Also, the shot with the lights put in are great, especially the tail light glow on the ground. Keep at it! Very Happy 
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:48 am

Thanks! I'll keep in mind the current camera angle, focus and scene arrangement in mind when I get to the final stages of this little project :)I pretty much like it myself, so that already makes 2 of us Very Happy

Yodaman921 wrote:I would really love to see the cycles renders with all of the noise gone.
That would be very hard to do, considering the fact I have to work with a single core Pentium 4 CPU (I'm not mentioning my GPU because it is not Cycles/CUDA compliant). All of the noise gone, it means I would have to render with like... 500 samples Rolling Eyes (wild guess), while the render times with just 180 are already (as you saw) over 2 hours.

But maybe if I use my office PC (it has a dual core Athlon 3800+) I would get faster results. It's worth the try.

Dobi

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

He lives! Cycles is fun, but is sort of frustrating without GPU acceleration. Always looking forward to more cool car renders! I bet Cycles will do an awesome job with glossy car paints.
Girlschool?

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Looking great!  It's good to see you back at it.

Dobi wrote:not sure how the door area is called on English Very Happy
I call it the door area myself (fa'reals)... I believe it's officially called the door jam, which is cool because when it's open, the door is ajar. Laughing  Get it, haha... 'jam', 'a jar'... Shocked  ... Rolling Eyes  ...a jar of jam? No
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  finkgab Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Awesome work! Shocked 
Models are top notch, and the composition is looking very good as well (particularly the first one with a wider lens, IMO)

(Too bad render times are that long, but perhaps a fellow newbie could lend you their computer for rendering...?)

finkgab

http://www.bufonstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum