Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

paper bag zip zag pattern

2 posters

Go down

paper bag zip zag pattern Empty paper bag zip zag pattern

Post  Mechtec257 Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:23 am

noob still learning blender, Hi all
I am trying to model a paper bag, and looking for the best way to put the zig zag design at the top of the bag, the only way I could think of was to enter 20 or so edgeloops around the bag and then choose every other one with the select feature, and pull them down some. while this works, it seems like alot of edge loops, must be a simpler way?

Mechtec257

Back to top Go down

paper bag zip zag pattern Empty I think I found the best way?

Post  Mechtec257 Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:47 pm

ok despite myself ( not wanting to try something before i learn it) I made a 3 point circle (triangle) scaled it down very small, then arrayed it across the top edge of the paper bag. I gave both the bag and the zig zag a thinkness of .005 i hope that doesnt show up in render??. my plan is to make the bag translucent with a lighted candle inside.

Mechtec257

Back to top Go down

paper bag zip zag pattern Empty Re: paper bag zip zag pattern

Post  Scooter2 Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Good evening,
you may need to provide an example photo for understanding. If you are talking about sqeezing the bag shut at the top like it had a bottle or something in it, then I am sure you are on the right path of having a lot of loops to control your model.
Good luck.
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

paper bag zip zag pattern Empty Re: paper bag zip zag pattern

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down