Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

obstacle in fluid simulation causes water to go away

Go down

obstacle in fluid simulation causes water to go away Empty obstacle in fluid simulation causes water to go away

Post  Scooter2 Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Good afternoon,
I am doing a fluid simulation that is a pond with a fish in it that jumps out. The simulation works until I export the mesh of the fish to make it respond proper as an obstacle. After I do that, the water disappears to the edges of the water container or if I change the "impact factor" of the fish the water blows out like a big giant splash.
I have done some simulation where I drop an exported mesh into it without any trouble, but this is the first time I tried one where the obstacle starts out in the water and below the surface.

I am also wondering how to do a scene with a domain that has a real world size larger than 10 meters? Do we just use what we can?

Any ideas? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down

obstacle in fluid simulation causes water to go away Empty Re: obstacle in fluid simulation causes water to go away

Post  Scooter2 Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Good afternoon,
After much experimentation, I have found that the "impact factor" for the obstacles in my simulation have to be set very very low (.000005). I have also learned the normals have to be facing each other for fluid and obstacles.
I also finally figured out what "hide fluid surface" does. If that is not turned on, there will be a visible barrier between the fluid and the obstacle, even under water.
I also found that low resolutions (below 300) for my experiments do not show all of the simulation characteristics.

I have a problem I have not found a solution for and that is the water never comes to complete rest, its alive and moving all the time on the surface like a disturbance. It does this even if I have no obstacles except the container for the water no matter how long a simulation. That also causes unwanted splash particles to be generated from the container even if its "impact factor" is set to zero.
Anyone know how to fix that? I have found nothing regarding this on the internet.

Any input will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Scooter

Scooter2

Back to top Go down