Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having trouble moving and object with the "grab" tool....

4 posters

Go down

Having trouble moving and object with the "grab" tool.... Empty Having trouble moving and object with the "grab" tool....

Post  zyzzy Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Wow...its been a long time, and i forgotten everything again.

I've been doing a little blendering and when i "grab" an object and move it...the object i've grabbed stays stationary and everything else in the scene moves...if that makes any sense.

i guess i've accidentally activated a hot key or something and can't figure out how to turn it off so it goes back to normal.

HELP.

thanks.
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Having trouble moving and object with the "grab" tool.... Empty Re: Having trouble moving and object with the "grab" tool....

Post  Xraygunner Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:09 am

I was just happening by when I read this... I opened up Blender and tried to duplicate your problem to no avail. Can you post the .blend?
Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Having trouble moving and object with the "grab" tool.... Empty Re: Having trouble moving and object with the "grab" tool....

Post  BnBGobo99 Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Look who stopped by! Hey, Big Z! How have things been the last several months? How has the Raspberry Pi experiment been going--any neat things you've done with it?
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi Zyzzy!

You've accidentally activated "view lock to active".

to undo this, you need to be in "object mode". At the bottom menu, go to "View" - "Align view" - select "View lock clear".

cheers

Chapel
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  zyzzy Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Chapel wrote:Hi Zyzzy!

You've accidentally activated "view lock to active".

to undo this, you need to be in "object mode". At the bottom menu, go to "View" - "Align view" - select "View lock clear".

cheers

Chapel

That was it.

Thanks!

apparently Shift+"numpad ." is the hotkey for that, and i had apparently pushed by accident.  I knew it was something like that but couldn't find the right words to "google".

ah, the raspberry pi, i've done nothing besides stick it in a drawer and bookmark the projects i'd like to try.

i've got a big "real world" project i'm hoping to start in the spring, i'm planning to build an addition to our house.  I'm currently "building" it piece by piece in blender to figure out what i want in my mind, especially since its not something I'm really comfortable with, and do all the time.  its amazingly helpful.

not much blendering going on otherwise for me though.

thanks again, Chapel. Very Happy
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:27 am

Smile you're welcome!

(Didn't know about the shortcut either - so I too learned something new)

cheers

Chapel
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down