News from the Pacific

View previous topic View next topic Go down

News from the Pacific

Post  Radialronnie on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Hey everybody! Wanted to pop in again to see how y'all are doing. I wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement; writing me notes and seeing how I was doing. I really do appreciate the sentiment! I'm doing well! Aside from the weather being entirely too hot for Halloween time, everything is going good; getting a lot of training done, seeing nice places on the weekends, etc.  I spent a few days in Honolulu last week for some exams, but mostly I'm staying close to the Kona airport here. I got a few pictures of my escapades if anyone cares to see them. Hope everyone's doing good! Take care, and until next time!
http://imgur.com/a/XrWMI
Mike asked me which island I'm on; I'm on the Big Island of Hawaii. That's an odd 35 miles of lava rock, a couple thousand miles from anywhere else. (Sorry about not replying to that right away. No good excuse there. Embarassed Embarassed )

To relax, I've been doing some paracord projects:

Radialronnie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: News from the Pacific

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Wonderful photographs! That shot of Kawaihae is pretty amazing. And your bird against the dawn sky--screams soaring motivational music, its like the visual representation of the start of a new journey (that sounded really cheesy--but that's what it made me think).

When you finish, are you going to stay there or come back to the mainland (or Alaska)?
BnBGobo99

View user profile http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Awesome, and inspiring stuff there Daniel!
Xraygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:40 am

Thanks guys!
BnBGobo99 wrote:
When you finish, are you going to stay there or come back to the mainland (or Alaska)?
Unsure, but basically the answer is that I want to come back to Colorado as soon as circumstances allow. It's pretty much home for me; I love the place, and have many friends there. However, for the first few years, it may be wise to take on a tour job here in Hi (you get a lot of hours much sooner. Sound a bit like video-game leveling up?), or to do bush flying in Alaska simply because it's really easy to get flying jobs there; according to numerous accounts I've heard. Other options could include flying in other ICAO countries that recognize the FAA licenses: China, South Africa, Dominican R. etc. I've been talking to people about such options as well.

Radialronnie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:46 am

Nice, bro! Nixon forwared to me the e-mail you sent some time ago and we had a chat about it. I can't really recall if I contacted you after that, but dude, I'm really glad about you. You're basically living one of my dreams. When I was a really small boy, I was kind of terrified of flying, but as I get older I start loving it more and more. Sadly, here in Bulgaria, the PPL license (planes are my personal prefference) is ridiculously expensive and is out of reach for me at the moment. Well, I do push the Impreza harder on the highways, but it still won't grow wings on itself and take off. Laughing Laughing Embarassed

Just 2 weeks ago, there was an event which reminded me of you - an air show on the Sofia Airport. There were military choppers, small planes, big dual engined bombers, parachute guys and jet fighters flying all around! Also, it was the first time for me to experience a sonic boom!!! Shocked Shocked I din't take any photos 'cause I was too busy drooling over the aircrafts. Laughing

Anyway, I'm getting out of topic here... All I can say is, I wish you all the best in flyin' them metal birds... and if I happen to visit Hawaii anytime soon you promise to take me for a ride, right? Very Happy

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Dobi wrote:Anyway, I'm getting out of topic here... All I can say is, I wish you all the best in flyin' them metal birds... and if I happen to visit Hawaii anytime soon you promise to take me for a ride, right? Very Happy
Ah thanks! And by all means: if any of you make it out here, let me know!

Radialronnie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top