CreativeNewbies Discussion Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tasks 1-22 Discussion

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:02 pm

Wow, I just spent 30 minutes typing in this box and lost it all with a page refresh. Sad

Second try:

::This isn't a task, but before I get to those, I suggest we spend the next couple of months getting smart on HTML5, CSS, php, and JavaScript.  I've been playing with Muse and DreamWeaver and it seems like they can do 90% of what we need, but it's that other 10% plus knowing how the whole thing is working will need some familiarity with those languages.::

Task 2: Define CN's goal(s)
- Establish and maintain a clean, friendly, and helpful home for beginner and amateur artists of all genres.
Any changes or different ideas, or is this one good-to-go?

Task 4: Define CN's scope
- CN will host articles that share ideas, tips, news, and similar business-run blog posts. CN will host video-, image-, and text-based tutorials. CN will host a rich forum broken down by subject and not by tool or software.
Agree, or any changes?

Task 6: Define CN's features
- Pages: Landing (main arrival point), Articles, Tutorials, Forum, About Us, Contact Us/Submit Content, Legal, Login/Register
- Landing:
  - Header image:
    - Changes with seasons?
    - Changes with holidays?
    - Cycles through images related to different subjects (woodworking, sculpting, etc)?
    - User submitted?
  - Navigation bar:
    - Links to each of the pages (listed above), except Legal and About Us (those can be in the footer).
  - Banner advertisement (revenue source)
  - Filter/Search bar:
    - Filter by subject, search by keyword, or both
    - Boolean operation capable
  - Content boxes
    - Square images that can be clicked on to take you to the content shown
    - Pulled from hot/highlighted forum posts and new/popular tutorials and articles
    - Selected advertisements mixed in as boxes (revenue source)
     - Will have icon to denote it's an advertisement
  - Sidebar (consider not having for a cleaner look (see Pinterest as a good example)
  - Footer:
    - Same links as header, plus Legal and About Us

- Articles/Tutorials:
 - Sources:
     - Admin written
     - Member written
     - External authorship:
        - Will be contacted and asked if material can be rehosted
        - Compensation will initially be in the form of "Guest Author", links back to author's site, automatic account creation and rank of Craftsman (if they agree to this one)
 - Video tutorials will have the following features:
     - Bookmark and chapter jump points
     - 10 second rewind button
     - Speed control (50% slower, normal, 1.5 speed, double speed)
     - Floating window popout (useful for single-monitor setups)

- Forums:
 - Breakdown:
    - By subject
    - Finished works; WIP; Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts; news/events related to the subject; Personal Development Threads (can go by different terms based on the subject--"Mike's Workshop", "Troy's Sketchbook", etc)
 - Ranks:
    - Apprentice
    - Craftsman
    - Master Artist
    - Administrator (likely will just be Partners for the beginning)
    - Partners (us!)
    - Icons for each rank
    - Craftsmen are member nominated and Craftsmen/Master Artist counsel approved
    - Master Artists are administrator/Partner nominated and approved
    - Members information:
        - Name
        - post count
        - rank
        - location (?)
        - badges/awards ("Mentor" badge for those willing to mentor others one-on-one, challenge winner, etc) (?)
        - contact buttons (?)
        - online status (?)
        - block/mute (?)

As you can see, Task 6 has a lot going on.  I've allocated two weeks to review Task 6, and seven days to review Tasks 2 and 4.  Let's discuss anything you would like to change about these and what ones you are good with.

Task 9: Long-term Responsibilities Defined
- Budgeting:
  - Do we want a corporate checking account to pay the bills from and accept revenue in?  This person will be responsible for managing and reporting on that.
- Marketing:
  - Contacting external advertisers (can use internet site/firm that specializes in this)
  - Perform social media advertising
  - Creates CN's advertisements for hosting on other sites
  - Contacts other sites to host our ads (can use internet site/firm that specializes in this)
  - Examines and performs advertising on other outlets (print, internet television, internet radio, in-video YouTube, etc)
- Customer Relations:
  - Handles complaints, questions, feature requests, etc
  - Handles submissions (articles, tutorials, etc)
- Legal:
  - Handles law enforcement requests
  - Handles copyright claims

Task 10: Long-term responsibilities assigned
This task and Task 9 are open until 15 October--they can be extended, though.  Take a look at Task 9's responsibilities and descriptions, add to them if you see anything I missed.  Let us know if you want to take on one of these roles.

Task 11: Short-term tasks outlined
Most of the tasks on the Project Plan's phase 2 are up for grabs.  This includes designing the banners, logo, tab icon, ranks, etc; wire-framing and site mock-up, etc; hosting research, registration, payment, etc.

Task 12: Short-term tasks assigned
Take claim on the tasks you will be able to do.  We're all short on time, I understand and sympathize.  By sharing the load we can get these tasks done by the deadline and have our site live by late-Jan.

Task 13: Budget
I've opened this one for 21 days, with a 24 Oct close-out.  This gives us plenty of time to think this over and discuss it.  Think of the various topics in the Project Plan for this block (13-22) and let the group know your thoughts, ideas, etc.  I'm keen on the idea of a central banking account, with the distribution split along the lines of financial and time/talent investment.  The question if we go that route is, how do you put a value on time/talent investment?  This may not seem like an important step--but I urge you to watch "The Social Network" and "Jobs".  I'm not saying we're going to make bank through this site, but I also don't see us losing money in the end either.  33.3% split among us or based according to investment?

Task 24: Artwork
If you can take one or more of these, let us know and we'll assign them to you.  Due date varies but really isn't needed until 29 Oct.

I know this was a long read, thanks for taking the time. I've made a quick mockup here--not for production, just to show what I have in mind to help explain Task 6 a bit.  Imagine more and more boxes as you scroll down, like Pinterest just without all the icons and stuff that come with Pinterest).

If you think a launch time of late January is too close, we can scale things back to Spring, too.
BnBGobo99

View user profile http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CreativeNewbies Discussion Thread

Post  Xraygunner on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:14 pm

You are one organized bunny! To answer your question a few back, I'm on the cloud now as well. I've tinkered around with Muse and have only opened up Dreamweaver once or twice. This could be sped along with a conference chat if there was a time that everyone could meet up. I've used Oovoo in the past for that, since it's free and does a pretty good job as far as audio/video quality.
Xraygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm available most nights after 6pm EST, Saturday's after 1100, and Sunday before noon. I'm thinking Jan 21 is too optimistic, that we should shoot for no earlier than 1 March now. :S I probably got carried away thinking of all the free time we (don't) have, lol.
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:56 pm

Um... not sure if I'm missing anything obvious here or not, but where's task 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 14-23?
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:38 pm

So the tasks are indented child/parents.  So Task 1 is the parent of all administrative tasks; 3, 5, 7 were better described by their parents 2, 4, and 6; 8 is the parent for partner responsibilities; 14-22 are children of the budget, and 23 is the wireframe design (which I left out for some reason).

The Project Plan has a better visual depiction--the link is in a few posts above, I took the task numbers from the ID column.
[Edit: and here too, since it's buried above, lol: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3fxl8nfwrb3rnw/CreativeNewbies_ProjectPlan_01.pdf?dl=0]
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:52 pm

Ah there we go. Currently seems pretty solid. If we do a meeting I'm good week nights after 5:30 EST, not so much on weekends.
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner on Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:52 am

Another quick reply then I'll get back OT. Yes, I am planning to do something different (not health care). Digital art holds my attention the most, so we'll see what can happen. My landscape is changing and I don't see a home in it for much longer. Soul searching is over and now I HAVE to do something. Unfortunately it all takes the time that I don't have. I'm suspecting that Daniel is doing the same?
Xraygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 am

Regarding hosting providers:

I did some research today on what it would cost to run the site.  BlenderGuru was paying high overages and went with a dedicated server, he didn't say how much he was using though, but those start at about $100 a month for 1TB on a reliable host.  CGCookie was using 300GB per day when they had to move to a cloud service like Amazon to a dedicated server with redundancy (sounds horribly expensive).  In their first year, Facebook was paying $3,000 per month in hosting fees.

Based on some initial calculations (webpage size x visitors x hosted files x 31days ~ 1TB), we should go with a VPS (virtual server).  These run about $30 a month and then scale upward to a dedicated would be $150 a month.

This is greatly beyond my initial estimates, which was for a small business website at $8 a month.  After looking into those websites, it was apparent they were for sites like BlenderWorld or a shoe store that has all the site features, but wouldn't have the interactivity, accounts, MySQL, and PHP back-and-forths a website of our vision would have.
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:06 pm

$30 is fairly hefty. Although split among investors it wouldn't be too bad. Essentially if the site were to become self sustaining that'd be great (manage to make enough revenue to cover costs), I'm just not sure when we'd hit that point or even if we would. Best case it'd become an amazing site with tons of traffic, worst case is where it never takes off and fails.
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:45 am

Tasks #2 and #4 are overdue. I'm closing them out as-is. Please take a look at Task #6--that task will have major impacts on all phases of the project moving forward.

Recommended additions to task #6:
1. Member profiles act as portfolios. A place to describe skills, show off work, and accept job solicitations.
2. Eventually add on marketplace, so members can sell their creations and CN takes a commission. May be hard to implement, so I recommend making this a 1-year-after-launch feature.
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:14 pm

I'll take a look either Friday evening or Saturday and come up with some stuff.
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Terse mobile device reply inbound:the more I read about this, the more excited I am about the idea. I think this has the potential to be something pretty cool. Even if we don't create a massive new corner of the internet, having a community the size of BN in its heyday would be great. That said, I have to make clear the fact that you can't expect me to really help in anyway, though I would very much like to. Realistically, I might share some material on some paracord bracelets I made, or something like that, but my time and funds are well strained right now. I'll try to pop in this thread a little more often to see how things progress.
On a since n ote, a couple of successful sites that I can think of off the top of my head are run by people that are effectively making the community their lives. BNation, Bart. BNewbies, Kernon, [some 2d sites] etc. I don't think any of us are in a position to make a commitment like that.

Radialronnie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Whoa! I just read your plan and from what I can see, you want to develop a fully functional and complete community. Sadly, I don't think I have the time to help you all with the development and planning. Sad

Anyway, I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but in order to attract new potential members to the community, you need to have content more than you need to have a well-planned community design. And this is something that all of us can help with. I'll upload some of my older works and everybody else should do the same thing.

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:46 pm

Radialronnie wrote:I have to make clear the fact that you can't expect me to really help in anyway, though I would very much like to.
No expectation was had, it just felt wrong to not extend the invitation to you and Big Z.

Wireframe model of the site (still a WIP pending Task 6 resolution).  Nothing is linked in to MySQL or php--it's all for show (as a wireframe should be):

Available in 1080p for clearer viewing.

Update Project Plan with extended dates here.
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Wow Mike... looking good!

Here's some comments about 6:

Task 6: Define CN's features
- Pages: Landing (main arrival point), Articles, Tutorials, Forum, About Us, Contact Us/Submit Content, Legal, Login/Register
- Landing:
 - Header image: This one's a bit tough, we may want to just stick with one for the time being.
   - Changes with seasons? The issue I see with this is seasons are opposite for northern and southern hemisphere.
   - Changes with holidays? Holidays vary by country and religion
   - Cycles through images related to different subjects (woodworking, sculpting, etc)? How does 'CreativeNewbies' get in there without ruining the image?
   - User submitted? We'd have to define a quality level and it might be hard to be 'fair'.

- Navigation bar:
   - Links to each of the pages (listed above), except Legal and About Us (those can be in the footer).
 - Banner advertisement (revenue source)

- Filter/Search bar:
   - Filter by subject, search by keyword, or both
   - Boolean operation capable

- Content boxes
   - Square images that can be clicked on to take you to the content shown I'm not sold on this idea. Would a content box be just an image? Since I feel like there should be some sort of short physical description. Maybe where you hover over with the mouse and the box flips to give a description? Also, would too many squares feel too busy or overwhelming? I almost feel like the front page should have a select few 'features' and then if you go onto page 2 then it switches over to the squares.
   - Pulled from hot/highlighted forum posts and new/popular tutorials and articles
   - Selected advertisements mixed in as boxes (revenue source)
    - Will have icon to denote it's an advertisement
 - Sidebar (consider not having for a cleaner look (see Pinterest as a good example)
 - Footer:
   - Same links as header, plus Legal and About Us

- Articles/Tutorials:
- Sources:
    - Admin written
    - Member written
    - External authorship:
       - Will be contacted and asked if material can be rehosted
       - Compensation will initially be in the form of "Guest Author", links back to author's site, automatic account creation and rank of Craftsman (if they agree to this one)
- Video tutorials will have the following features: Would be nice to have video and text tutorials both available on the same topics. I know people tend to prefer one over the other.
    - Bookmark and chapter jump points
    - 10 second rewind button
    - Speed control (50% slower, normal, 1.5 speed, double speed)
    - Floating window popout (useful for single-monitor setups)
We may want to consider a way to organize tutorials instead of just by date featured. That way things may be easier to navigate. Or another thing we could incorporate is a difficulty meter for the tutorials, designating them for beginners, intermediate or advance users.

- Forums:
- Breakdown:
   - By subject
   - Finished works; WIP; Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts; news/events related to the subject; Personal Development Threads (can go by different terms based on the subject--"Mike's Workshop", "Troy's Sketchbook", etc) Maybe down the line if there is interest, but have a collaboration section, doesn't have to be constrained by subject either. Like someone could draw concept art and then another person could turn it into a 3d model. Or even have art trades potentially (I make your character in 3d if you make mine in 2d sort of stuff)
- Ranks:
   - Apprentice
   - Craftsman
   - Master Artist
   - Administrator (likely will just be Partners for the beginning)
   - Partners (us!)
   - Icons for each rank
   - Craftsmen are member nominated and Craftsmen/Master Artist counsel approved
   - Master Artists are administrator/Partner nominated and approved
   - Members information:
       - Name
       - post count
       - rank
       - location (?) Not really necessary
       - badges/awards ("Mentor" badge for those willing to mentor others one-on-one, challenge winner, etc) (?) I like this idea, but maybe have on their account page all of the badges they've earned, but in the forum have only 1 displayed that the member can choose. Kinda like how in some games you can earn titles for your character, but can only have 1 display at a time (Guild Wars).
       - contact buttons (?) Why not? Pretty standard for most forums.
       - online status (?) Good to have, but not necessarily a priority.
       - block/mute (?) Hopefully members wouldn't have to use this feature.

Other Stuff:
This could be another tab for the main site, but 'Free Content' (?), basically this could include free patterns for knitting/crocheting, models/materials/textures for 3d use, brushes for 2d use, etc. It could either be all member submitted or maybe we can link to other sources.
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Thanks for taking the time to provide your inputs, Scott.  I know Troy is still away for a little bit longer, so I'd like to give him some time to comment as well. We still have about a week left on Task 6, but I've posted a .pdf below with the finalization proposal (called a "Review").  If you guys are okay with it, give me the thumbs up and we'll close Task 6 and start the formal building process.  Also in that document is the opening proposals for Tasks 8 and 13 (Partner Responsibilities and Budget).  Task 13 covers 13-22, so the next tasks will be Task 23 (wireframe, which needs some adjusting due to changes in Task 6 and a forum wireframe), and Task 24 (build artwork).  The artwork includes header image, badges, default avatar, web tab icon, etc.

Download the Review Slides Here
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Just looked over the slides, thumbs up on Task 6 from me. Although I feel like there will be some changes once we start actually building the mock up.

I think anything that is attached to a monetary cost should be implemented in stages. The reason I say this is I'd hate for us to pay for various things and end up getting burned with a site that ends up flopping (worst case scenario). Although at the same time, we shouldn't just avoid things if there's a cost attached; no risk, no reward. We just have to figure out priorities of everything.

Contribution to cost. Currently I can contribute some, but not too much (~$100ish). Once I get a job though, then I'll feel more comfortable contributing more.

Calculate invested time so far? Not that much. Although, once the plan is set and things need to be made/created or even now if there's other stuff to do besides reading over your stuff, I can start investing more time.
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:14 pm

if there's other stuff to do besides reading over your stuff, I can start investing more time.
I admit that I write too much, I can do better in that department. Razz  I do see projects fail every other month because they jump right into production without planning things out right first, so I feel this stage we are in is important--but I know what you meant.  I think...   Wink

I agree with doing things in stages.  I'll buy the domain name this week and a small site plan.  That way we can create a sandbox and start linking things together.

As far as things to do, would you be willing to tackle the art tasks and draft some ideas/standbys in?  I'm building the site for high-density displays, so let's go big (i don't have dimentions handy, so i'm afraid that will be a bit of research on your end if you are up to it). Pencil sketches or just thoughts for discussion are fine, too. Once MyBB or phpBB is linked up we'll have a better look on the exact forum artwork sizes.
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:39 pm

Yeah, I can start spending some time drafting up some art aspects of the site. I have a few unique ideas in my head that I want to toy with and see how they'll turn out.

And it's great that you're planning as much as you are, like you said it's important at this phase. I just felt bad because it seems like you're putting a lot of time into it and there hasn't been much for me to do to help out. But now I have some stuff to do! Very Happy
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:55 pm

We're on: www.CreativeNewbies.com

I'll build a quick "Coming Soon" page shortly.

Probably over the weekend I'll build a login page and create accounts for you two.  Inside I'll add a feature for us to discuss and meet.  I don't know how video conference software works, but if I can find one that links in well then I'll add that too.

PM me what you want your @creativenewbies.com email account to look like.  I'm choosing my real name (first.last@), but y'all can do what you want. Smile   The email can be mapped to Outlook or Mac's Mail applications.

I had to pay for the whole year, but we get a refund on any unused portion when (if) we upgrade to a VPS.  Cost so far is $105.39.  I didn't get any add ons other than Domain privacy, I don't want my home address and phone number blasted around the world.  I'll have to add up my hours so far, too.  I think I'm about 10-15 hours invested into the project so far, so not much when you consider what we have so far.

Once we get the accounts up for the site, I imagine we'll move the discussion over there.  I'll keep this one for historical records... what if we make it big one day?
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:47 pm

Yodaman921 wrote:Nevermind, I was able to skip it so we can add it in later.

https://www.facebook.com/CreativeNewbies

^although if the link doesn't work, I unpublished the page for the time being.

When you have the opportunity, can you un-unpublish it, please?  It'll make the "follow" link work on the page. Can you also email me the login credentials, too, please?
Thanks!
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:58 pm

BnBGobo99 wrote:
Yodaman921 wrote:Nevermind, I was able to skip it so we can add it in later.

https://www.facebook.com/CreativeNewbies

^although if the link doesn't work, I unpublished the page for the time being.

When you have the opportunity, can you un-unpublish it, please?  It'll make the "follow" link work on the page.  Can you also email me the login credentials, too, please?
Thanks!

The facebook page is now up. Empty, but up. As for credentials, I can't really send them to you since the CN page is linked to my personal account... However, if you make just a generic facebook profile, I can add you as an admin, you don't even need to make a real facebook for yourself just say your name is Creative Newbie.

Also, I ended up throwing together a mockup for the site just to get a better idea of how things may look:

I'll try to get more variations made this upcoming week so we can pick and chose parts we like to help narrow down what it'll look like in the end.
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:16 pm

Nice! Clean and flat minimal layout.  The ads are a bit fruity, though. (ha!)

Thanks for un-undoing the facebook page... the Facebook field populated nicely on the CreativeNewbies page once the facebook page went up again.

Have you ever gone on Pinterest?  Give it a spin if you haven't... see how the boxes populate as you scroll down?  I'd like to see if we can program a similar look.
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:04 pm

It's funny, because when there is a new post to this thread I don't get an email, but when I do get an email saying there is a new post, there isn't anything here! Lol Laughing
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixon on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:14 pm

Hello folks:)

i heard about CN via the grapevines of steam lately so i dropped by to check it out. Boy you have really put alot of thought and effort in this already i think this could be great.
I refrain from adding things to the whole structural and administration things mainly because i m a total dimwit when it comes to networks.
However heres my 2 cents.
I lvoe the idea of switching focus to creativity in all sorts of forms, wether people are doing actual paintings, woodwork 2d vectors, sculpting etc.
However lots of these things will involve software and that means its not only a creative hurdle to master but also a technical obstacle that one needs to overcome.
So where do you feel will that focus be? Is the aim to sorta boost peoples ability to have a creative output or more of a traditional approach like sharing 'Hey i did this sick pogo-stick with household items and you can built that too' kind of approach. Boosting peoples creativity seems to me more of a mindset and inspirational guidance that one would have to deliver. While trying to document a workflow for a pogostick is a pretty much step by step walkthrough of a process where you eventually have the chance to throw in some of your decissionmaking (wich is actually the former field i mentioned above).

For instance ( i got shadow play now lol) i could make some video tutorial of a workflow of how i'd go about getting some building idea of some architects sketches into a 3d model as a workflow rundown, eventually showing people very basic things of how to prepare .pdf files for use as textures and reference etc. How I'd go about importing external data, doing all the housecleaning to further work on it in a 3d package (lets say blender). Eventually i'd end up at a point where i put all my stuff together in a nice pdf again to shoot it out to a client. End of the tutorial.
While that might contain some useful info on how to type in things into computer programs it lacks any creative infusion to the viewer, its more of an explanation of craftsmanship.
This could still be a nice tutorial.

My suggestion.
To tickle someones creative potential it might be a good idea to sort of present some problem or desired outcome to them and have em come up with a clever/ efficient/ rube-goldbergish way to achieve their goal. I think that way all sorts of people could add to a pool of ideas. The CN that posed that task should of course have a plan to achieve this outcome ready for launch, this way CN could allow people to participate and show off their skills even if they just achieved a fraction of the task, in the end they can access a safe for work way to go over it and learned 2 lessons at once. (a CN presents a task (he knows how to achieve)...people have a certain ammount of time to come up with their stuff, the CN presents his solution in the end...might be 10 others had a different and better one..doesnt matter...everyone profits)

I noticed that its hard for me to tap my creative potential intentionally for my own leisure so to speak, however i can come up with solutions and get some ideas once someone told me 'Hey would it be possible to create some instructional video to reduce paper cost, explaining people to think before they print.' (just an example)
For me that is the point where my actual creativity comes to the rescue. I think about my skills and wich part of the problem i could tackle with what i have. Then theres stuff that i figure shouldnt be too hard to research for this situation. Also i think about the things wich i can certainly not do (looking at the inverse outcome is often a good way to zero in on a unspecific subject, hard to explain...boolean modifier, ya know). The problem itself presents the guiding lines wich allows your creative potential to work towards a certain goal.
Maybe this is just my impression but i have to admit that even if i had the time to create my own lil cartoon or something i wouldnt have a good idea...but maybe theres a creative newbie around wich has a nice story idea but lacks the ability to get it into a picture. ( ya know like the old time cartoon drawer and the cartoon author duo's).
Getting people into such idea pools or kinda team up for some projects would certainly be something that could turn up cool results (or shall i say 'unforeseen consequences' Wink )
Nixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top