Just stopped in to say Hi.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just stopped in to say Hi.

Post  jimtuv on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:50 am

Hi everyone, I miss you all. It's been a long time. I have been looking through the finished works and have seen so many great things. I haven't been able to do blender for a while. My hands no longer give me the precision needed to model, so I had to let it go for now. How are you all doing. Have any of you heard from Kenond? I still love looking at all of the project you all are working at. Unfortunately it's been so long since I have been able to use blender that I have forgotten much of what I had learned. Hopefully one day I will find a way to be able to use it again.

Take care all and keep up the beautiful work.

James.
jimtuv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just stopped in to say Hi.

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:59 am

James,

Thanks for stopping by to say hello! It's been quiet in the Blender world lately--it's good to see an old friend.

Nobody's heard from Kernon, and I'm sorry to say I won't be sending around the card like I had previously discussed with the group. I figure it's been three years almost and whatever hardship he may still be going through the distance, for me anyway, seems to be that he has another support group or social group he is currently focusing on and I've moved on as well... I just felt it was time to say goodbye and move on. If he's still out there and becomes active again I'll be very happy for him!

I'm sorry to hear about your hands, I had the fear of losing my sight before and it's scary to lose the thing that matters most when interacting with the world and your creations. Are there any other art methods that call to you? Let us know what we can do to help out--you're part of the BlenderNewbies family.
BnBGobo99

View user profile http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Hey!

It's nice to see you stop by, like Mike said, it has been pretty quiet around here lately.

That's really quite sad to hear about your hands. Don't let it get you down though, maybe there's a different art medium that requires less precision that'll grab your interest. And if you do find something, be sure to share it with us,  Very Happy this is far from being a Blender exclusive forum (heck, most of my recent works are knitting and crocheting). And don't forget, a lot of threads on here are just idle conversations or non Blender related; Mike's been doing a pretty good job with movie reviews so check those out if your into movies.

Anywho, it's good to hear from you. I just wish more old timers would stop in every once and a while to say hello.
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:30 pm

I'll "third" that! Great to hear from you!

Just a wild stab here, but this condition you speak of wouldn't be from Dupuytren Contracture would it? My Dad has been fighting this for a while and it was the first thing that came to my mind. At any rate, I hope you find a method to cope and begin doing what you love again! In the mean time we're all here rattling on with a large range of topics it seems. Come join in!!
Xraygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jimtuv on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:31 am

I have degenerative disk disease. The loss of feeling in my hands and feet have slowly increased overtime. I have lost a lot of mobility lately. The worst has been not being able to do art and not being able to drive a car. I can still walk and my legs feel much better standing then sitting down. I walk a lot these days to get the things I need or go to the store. At first the loss of driving upset me the most but now I see it as a gift. I see so much more when I walk. I see animals and flowers that I couldn't appreciate speeding past in a car. I also run into others who walk and it's nice to say good morning and stop and have a nice chat.

I have been looking for things that I can do to replace art in my life but have not found anything just yet. Most of my energy is used taking care of the children. I am divorced and have my hands full as a single parent. Even though life has thrown me some troubles I am actually very happy. The children are wonderful and I am so grateful to live in the most exciting time in all of human history. It amazes me everyday to see people cooperate to make this world a better place. This is one of the things I love best about the blender community. Everyone sharing and doing their best to help out newcomers.

When I am able, I log on to Zoonivers and spend some time helping out scientists to classify data. That helps me me to keep my perspective and allows me to be of some use. I use voice recognition software when my hands are giving me trouble to use my computer to help me keep in contact with the rest of the world.

I tried yesterday to post this but for some reason the site seems to be really slow in loading.

jimtuv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:24 am

Man, that's a tough row to hoe! Every time I get a chance I tout the power of Cissus! If you haven't tried it yet, it may help... at least a little. It made all the difference for me when I was having shoulder trouble. One of the better brands I found was Cissus Rx. Good stuff! Any how, it's great to hear what you've been up to and how you're keeping the straight and narrow!
Xraygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top