Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frozen (Movie Review)

2 posters

Go down

Frozen (Movie Review) Empty Frozen (Movie Review)

Post  BnBGobo99 Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm

So, after years of making 3D people for the big screen, Disney finally has hit on a good human character look.  This look took form in Tangled, but I think really solidified itself in Frozen.  If you look at the first Toy Story, the people just looked and moved a bit odd.  The Incredibles made slight improvements, as well as Bolt (I realize I'm mixing Disney and Pixar together here--but I'm sure many of the same artists work on both (except Bolt--that was made during the Pixar/Disney fighting years, but released after they made up)).

Frozen (Movie Review) 2vcn

Frozen (Movie Review) Q8bb

Frozen (Movie Review) Pqfg

Yes, there is a talking snowman, but this is the best talking snowman ever (spoiler?  scratch ):

Rating: 4.5 Blenderheads (all my movie ratings seem to be 4.5... 2013 was a good year for movies I guess (or I'm just soft))
Better than: Many Pixar movies (except Toy Story 1 and 3, Finding Nemo), all Dreamworks (except How to Train Your Dragon), and definitely, definitely all Sony.
Not as good as: Tangled (still my favorite), Wreck it Ralph, Up
Equal to: Bolt (bolt has a bit of an edge though), Finding Nemo
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Frozen (Movie Review) Empty Re: Frozen (Movie Review)

Post  Unhurdof Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Hehe, nice post Mike. Love seeing Glen Keane's beautiful character designs in 3d form. I was just recently checking out some notes on Frozen recently too. Seems I have some catching up to do on the movie side of things if I hope to catch up to you. Thanks for sharing. Cheers. Cool 
Unhurdof
Unhurdof

Back to top Go down