Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How i spent my Summer Vacation ;D

+5
dunn
Xraygunner
zyzzy
Dobi
Nixon
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How i spent my Summer Vacation ;D - Page 2 Empty Re: How i spent my Summer Vacation ;D

Post  BnBGobo99 Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Unhurdof wrote:
Nixon wrote: it would be nice if blender could do freestyle with vector graphics output

No kidding...pff, I wish, lol.

Just feed the FreeStyle render into Inkscape as a .png or .jpg and Path > Trace Bitmap.
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

How i spent my Summer Vacation ;D - Page 2 Empty Re: How i spent my Summer Vacation ;D

Post  Unhurdof Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:31 pm

BnBGobo99 wrote:Just feed the FreeStyle render into Inkscape as a .png or .jpg and Path > Trace Bitmap.

Yeah Bunny, that's a great workflow. I often used to do just that, but with adobe flash or illustrator instead of inkscape. It gives great results for the fill colors. For the vector lines, not so much tho unfortunately. At least not yet.  Cool 
Unhurdof
Unhurdof

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixon Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:15 pm

Thats indeed a cool idea.
I just wished blender had the oldschool .dxf or other built in vector exporters ..since tracing it via inkscape would result in a loss of accuracy i m afraid...depending on your raster images resolution ultimately.
But i guess in most cases it wouldnt matter too much.
Gotta try this with the freestyle lines Smile

Thanks Bunny:)
Nixon
Nixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixon Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Hey people:)

every now and then i'm gonna try to update you on what i did lately here...these intervalls might be pretty long sometimes up to some months :/
I'm still using blender for work often, sometimes just for quick visuals sometimes for more more elaborate things.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
this was a visualization for some stop by shop that got their corporate ID overhauled, there have been several iterations of ideas aswell as different layouts of the elements.
Its the same project this time with a softer more traditional tone and a different shop layout (reason being to use the areas in the back for parts of their production process, the stop by shop is just a spin off of a bigger store situated in the same trainstation)
rendered out this one for my own enjoyment to celebrate the nice framework with the squares that i came up with...wich is btw just an array along a curve, i then removed some of the yellow squares again by selcting random..really effective i found since it allowed for a ton of iterations.

these are 2 pages of a 20page brochure wich was used as a financing pitch in the concept stage of that building project..worked out really well..all the pages share the same styling and contain 2 pages for each floor of it, layouted all the additionnal textes etc., got it printed and it did the trick so far...we're going to expand on this once more details of the final plannings are pinned to make another brochure for possible buyers.

As u see i'm still around doing the old blender thing and i m pretty positive that i will expand on it often as i get the possibility to do some contract work.
I wished i had more time to just go after projects i'd personally would like to do, but well i need to pay the bills so i just do what i m told to ;D

Thanks for comment and critique everyone.
Nixon
Nixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixon Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:09 pm

ah btw..probaly this helps others...

the stop by visualizations were like done in 1,5 weeks part office part home job (mainly i go to the office and play ideas back and forth with the designer..i then rendered it at home and presented the reuslts)

The brochure was about 1,5 weeks too..however i had most of the modelling done at that stage and just had to resturcture and create a ton of renders to layer
Nixon
Nixon

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:25 pm

These look really good, Nixon. The shop rendered out really well using Blender--if you said V-Ray I would have believed you! Very cool that you can use Blender at work, it has a bad wrap in most places. More and more larger firms are using it in the background for quick stuff that never makes it to screen (Spiderman, Avengers, Hunger Games(?I think--flock of birds?)).
BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nixon Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:16 pm

thanks bunny:)
I'm bit of in a lucky position when it comes to blenders reputation...the offices I freelance are all very small and diverse, most of them have no 3d experiences at all..the shop project for instance is just a lady that does a 1 woman show as a designer, she hires freelancers now and then to give shape to her sketches and thats it.
That means theres no limitation of tools.. mainly because theres a lack of understanding and she just wants some pngs in the end to do her thing.

Other architectural offices with 3-10 people often do not want to invest into expensive rendering software and also there this lack of 3d knowledge at all, mainly because their pipeline relies just on oldschool cad. Since theres no 1 that knows better i can just go ahead and use blender. Telling them that its free for commercial use helps also to keep objections at bay. So being in a blender niche works out pretty well.
Bottom line is basicly that i'm so far off a real production pipeline , and my work is actually so small that it doesnt matter at all ..its a solitary gig when it comes to the computer stuff mostly. It all has a very low gravity and impact in the end, but thats fine for me.

'When you do things right people won't be sure you did anything at all!'

I'm kind of a guy that plays things safe and kinda dodges projects that have very large scale, tho theres lot to gain at times theres also a certain sense of urgency and aggressive style of business. I worked in a 50 person office for once, large team, project sum about 790 million bucks...i quit after 7 days because it was just not my cup of tea. ( they would payed 2,5 times what i usually got) I felt very small and fragile constantly mainly because so much stuff was out of my control.
Small teams have something much more valuable to offer for me, they seem warm and familiar and you only have to negotiate your workflow with few people.

Nixon
Nixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2