Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desktop resolution

Go down

Desktop resolution Empty Desktop resolution

Post  Xraygunner Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:11 pm

You all may already know this, but I just stumbled upon a little nugget of info.  If you are interested in making desktop backgrounds (as I think most of us have at one time or another), it might interest you to know that there is a correct way to do things.  As far as Windows is concerned it seems to me that it cannot downsample very well.  If "jaggies" are a problem in your image you might want to pay attention to this.  

The image that I was working on in particular had a big problem with aliasing since there were large specular areas in it.  I thought I was taking the bull by the horns by rendering it at a much higher resolution as well as applying a bit of blur.  It worked great, but unfortunately I found that Windows (I don't know about other OS's out there) desktop would then make a mess out of things when it brought it down to native resolution.

So, I've been staring at this thing at work for a while now and it dawned on me to just resize the image myself and then feed it to the desktop background.  Viola!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So the image in the window (left) is being viewed in Windows Photo Viewer at the original resolution (5760x3240) and the other is being viewed with the desktop background. After resampling here's what I got... as expected.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sometimes I just wanna kick myself!

Xraygunner
Xraygunner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum