Blender World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

post some of your older stuff here.

+2
BnBGobo99
zyzzy
6 posters

Go down

post some of your older stuff here. Empty post some of your older stuff here.

Post  zyzzy Sat May 11, 2013 10:57 pm

I had thought about a sub-forum for posting some of our renders from he BlenderNewbies days, so how about digging around in our hard drives and posting some of our older stuff. Stuff that we are proud of from a while back.

Here's what is still one of my favorite old renders. This is probably the first thing I tried that wasn't just following a tutorial. i had a looong WIP thread at BlenderNewbies, and received a whole, whole lot of help when I got stumped.

based on (rip off of) MC Escher's "Relativity"

post some of your older stuff here. Escher10
zyzzy
zyzzy
Admin

https://blenderworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

post some of your older stuff here. Empty Re: post some of your older stuff here.

Post  BnBGobo99 Sun May 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Here's some of my pre-Blender stuff:

post some of your older stuff here. Project2i.th
post some of your older stuff here. Project6iz.th
These two were for a class project I did in 2007 about the Hmong people.

post some of your older stuff here. Fathersday2007final1.th
post some of your older stuff here. Fathersday2007final2.th
Father's Day, 2007. Knowing what I know about layout and design in general now as opposed to then, I would change some things about it...

post some of your older stuff here. 324alt1.th
A wallpaper for my previous squadron (324 IS in Hawaii). I made this in 2007 as well. There's a trend here, I must have had a lot of time on my hands...

post some of your older stuff here. Kitchen1p.th
post some of your older stuff here. Largewindows.th
I made Freestyle-like renders of all the parts of our apartment, so when we moved out it would be easier to do the inspection. I gave the files to my landlord, and he liked using them so much that he gave us our full deposit back because of it (he was going to deduct a little over $100 for some broken items).

post some of your older stuff here. Calvinmath.th
When my wife was getting her degree in counseling and education, she had to make a lesson plan for a math class. I made this cartoon by taking calvin and props from several other Calvin and Hobbes comics and making my own story-line from it. I'm actually pretty happy about this one. Razz

post some of your older stuff here. Waitin.th
post some of your older stuff here. Scriptf.th
Because I apparently had nothing better to do in 2007.

BnBGobo99
BnBGobo99

http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

post some of your older stuff here. Empty Re: post some of your older stuff here.

Post  Yodaman921 Sun May 12, 2013 2:05 pm

I swear I probably have an endless pit of stuff to post here, but I'll just post some various things I found on my external hard drive.

One of the first characters I made:
post some of your older stuff here. D610

First attempt to make a CG version of me:
post some of your older stuff here. Lux_me10

A Christmas scene I made way back when santa
post some of your older stuff here. Xmas910
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie Wed May 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Mike, I laughed hard at that Calvin and Hobbes strip. That was pretty good.

Christmas '08 I think. Embarassed
post some of your older stuff here. DLocVVo

Radialronnie

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:04 pm

Here is one of my creations, that I still add stuff to.
Lately I've added the sheetmusic and remodelled the chairs (I found a free model of a chair, but decided to do the modelling myself rather than importing the free model. It feels more rewarding that way.)

Cheers
Chapel
post some of your older stuff here. Steinw12
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:38 pm

Hey Chapel,

I almost forgot about that work of yours! I'm surprised you're still working on it. It really looks great. Have you ever considered converting it over to Cycles though?
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:03 pm

I would love to be able to render in cycles, but I didn't seem to be able to make it work right, when working on my watch, so I thought it best to leave it.
Any good tutorials on the subject out there?

cheers
Chapel
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:01 am

Chapel wrote:I would love to be able to render in cycles, but I didn't seem to be able to make it work right, when working on my watch, so I thought it best to leave it.
Any good tutorials on the subject out there?

cheers
Chapel

I'm not sure, I've never followed much tutorials. Usually, I just look up examples of things in cycles (lighting, materials, etc) and just dissect what the person is doing and modify it for my needs.
Yodaman921
Yodaman921

Back to top Go down

Post  Unhurdof Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:24 am

Great scene Chapel! Wow. Lots of details there. Good job. I agree with Yodaman. I think it would look even better in Cycles. Here's a tutorial for starters:

^^

Unhurdof
Unhurdof

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Thank you, guys!

I'll definitely try it out!

cheers
Chapel
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Chapel Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:28 am

Unfortunately I'm not able to render in cycles, as it seems my gpu is too old. So I guess I'll have to get a new gpu. Crying or Very sad 
Chapel
Chapel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down