The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Thread for Random Thoughts That Have No Other Place

Post  Dobi on Mon May 19, 2014 5:00 pm

So today I kind of overate at lunch and when I was back to the office I was a little bit sleepy. At one point or another I remembered about one of my favorite melodic death metal bands that I occasionally listen to. So there I decided to try something I haven't done before - work while blasting death metal through the headphones. Very Happy And it actually boosted my brain activity. I think you should try this too if you're into nice hard-driving music or just need something to grant you power for the rest of the day. Smile

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi on Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:54 am

Straight from the university toilets!

Who needs privacy anyway? Razz

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:33 am

Or seats for that matter!  Shocked 
BnBGobo99

View user profile http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:49 am

BnBGobo99 wrote:Or seats for that matter!  Shocked 
 Rolling Eyes  Long time ago I developped the leg strength and endurance, needed for continuosly staying in a semi-squating position without my behind parts touching the seat, so I don't have to sit on those dirty insanitary public toilets. Maybe only heavier and older guys sit on those, since their legs probably can't hold 'em that much.

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 pm

A pic of my rig... two monitors and a back-lit keyboard are key key key. What's yours look like?
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:53 pm

I like how clean and tidy your desk is, man!  Smile  Anyway, nothing in there seems to be matching colors - that's really the only thing I dislike about your setup.

Here's mine. As you can see, I went for the black & blue setup.

And don't mind the Disney wallpapers - those are like 14 years old! Gonna change 'em maybe next year or so Very Happy

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:22 pm

<rant>
AAARGH! **** MY LIFE AND **** THIS WORLD! Seriously, why can nothing ever happen the same way as I expect it??! I'm furious! I'm really pissed off! And yes, this is one of these days when almost ev erything is nice and still there's a little something that is ruining everything else and is completely pissing me off! A ******* LITTLE SOMETHING!

So now you ask what is this post supposed to be for?

Well, get this, I'm a working student, right? So I work AND I study. So, since the university is in the middle of an exam session, I took a few days off so I could study for a certain exam. And I actually did study a little - I learned quite well a portion of the whole material, while completely neglecting the other portion. And guess what - on the exam there wasn't a single problem related with anything that I had learned! So now that I failed the ******** exam, I have to waste a portion of my summer vacancy to study for the summer session.

And not only that, but since I failed the exam, the days that I took off of my job were basically wasted. If I didn't took a few days off and went to the exam completely unprepared, the result would be EXACTLY the same... with the only exception that I would do something that is actually usefull!

Well, yeah, I guess I can't beat myself for every little turd in my path that I step on, but I might just rant a little bit about it instead!
So, my final point is... **** the exam and **** this day!

Delete this post if you want, I don't care...
</rant>

And, yeah, now I feel better... Much better!

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:42 pm

To jump on the ranting bandwaggon,

A moderator from GIMPforums.com and I had the following exchange:

rich2005 wrote:I hope you do not take offence, but this forum tries to be religion neutral.

So by all means have a sig but not one pointing to a religious organisation.

regards

rich

Bunnie wrote:Rich,

The fact that it seems my signature has been disabled without giving me the opportunity to change it demonstrates a level of intolerance rather than neutrality.

Please link me to the forum rules which point to this policy, restore my signature, or delete my account.

v/r,
Michael Fink

Here was my signature:
You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside. - Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Considering the quote didn't even reference religion at all and that it linked to YouTube and not LDS.org makes this conversation even more preposterous.
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Your forum account is currently banned. Ban Reason: requested account removed
Ban will be lifted: Never
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Xraygunner on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:37 am

WTH!? REALLY?!!!! I just don't know what to say about that or what Dobi was talking about either! It's stuff like that, that makes me want to just... S L E E P!!!!
Xraygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:40 pm

OK, today was quite the day. I woke up in the morning earlier just so I could... wait for it... officially buy my first car! cheers You really can't imagine how long I've been waiting for this moment to come. Last summer, in the time when I was in Sofia, I was mostly looking at possible choices for a first car. I looked through them all - Mercedes C-Classes, BMW E36s and E46s, Opel Vectras and Astras, Alfas, Lancias and so on. Most of the cars looked good on photos, but were utter pieces of rattling loosely held together garbage. Hell, I even considered a Chrysler PT Cruiser! Pfff! When I was done with European and American possibilities, I thought about great Asian brands like Honda, Subaru, Nissan and Toyota. About them I concluded that Hondas are way too overpriced for what they are (which is 100% true), Toyotas and Nissans are souless and bland (well, most of them are) and that Subarus are gas guzzlers (also true).

Anyway, as September approached I was short of any good choices and I was also pretty tired of all that crap. I asked my buddies to tell me if any of their relatives is selling a good, well maintained car. So, I finally met with 2 guys - one selling a 1998 BMW E46 320td and the other selling a 1997 Subaru Impreza 2.0. Well, the beemer was great because it was fully loaded with options and it also had 135hp! Oh, and how it drove... Ahhh... I love you It was definatly a sweet thing. Sadly, that sweet thing wouldn't last for long - it had some problems with some of the extras and also the front right lower control arm was about to break down. And you know how dangerous is that! On top of that, it was beginning to rust badly on the fenders. Then I got to meet the Subaru guy. Although the Impreza is slightly harder to drive (even if the E46 is RWD, it is still WAY more forgiving), not as luxurious and not as elegant as the E46, it is a hell of a car to own! It looks unique, it is both bulletproof and idiotproof, it is quick and it is cheaper to maintain.

So, as much as I adore E46-es, I am still a true car guy - I don't just respect one type of cars; I respect ALL of the cars that can prove their own thing. No matter if that thing would be looks, straight-line acceleration, off-road capabilities or whatever. With that being said, I just had to pick the Subaru - not only for its capabilities but it was also more maintained. Even if the beemer is more of my type of a car, the Subaru was just too good! So, finally, today we closed the deal on this car. And guess what - I already added almost 100kms to the odometer. I took a free day of work and drove the car almost non-stop today. Not only to clean the documental part of the deal (DMV and such), but also to have fun! Cool

Of course, I don't keep any photos of the DMV buildings and parking lots, but I did make some sweet pictures from my first own car trip to the mountain:
https://plus.google.com/photos/114961218578789084935/albums/6066015694380121281
Are you imprezed? Razz

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Photo of me at a recent ear health conference.
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:09 am

There are mad thoughts running through my mind... Thoughts about turning this

into this

Yes, I'm considering to lift the Impreza, because I find it to be a little bit lower than I preffer. My final goal would be to make the perfect car for the Bulgarian roads:
- as strong as a Jeep, as small as a car;
- faster than a Jeep and yet more durable than a regular car;
- more economical than a Jeep;
- a potent rally car.

In order to achieve this, aside from lifting the car, I'm thinking about dropping a 6-cylinder boxer engine out of a Legacy for more power. The end product would be just like a Forester, only smaller, faster and more stable on its feet. The biggest drawback would be the ruined gas mileage - the car in its current state is a gas guzzler (I only get about 19.8-20 US MPG in the city), I can only imagine the economy after (if) I do all this.

So, am I completely mad, or actually the idea is very good? Twisted Evil

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobi on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Who got dirty??? The Impreza got dirty!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

https://plus.google.com/photos/114961218578789084935/albums/6076031306701592849

Dobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:28 pm

SiriusXM has been calling my workplace everyday to get me to renew a subscription I cancelled last month.

On Tuesday they asked a coworker if he would speak on my behalf to renew for a year subscription.

SiriusXM settled a Class Action lawsuit for renewal intimidation and harassment. I see nothing has changed with them.

To get on a "do not call" roster I have to prove them with three forms of contact info (and my Twitter handle). No thanks--that just gives them more info for sales calls.

If they call one more time I am filing a complaint with Maryland's Attorney General and Judge Advocate offices.

I'm posting here and elsewhere hoping they will see this.

I do not recommend signing up for SiriusXM radio--it is incredibly difficult to cancel.
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:09 pm

I am a big fan of Pogo, a musician who takes clips from movies and TV shows and makes a catchy tune from them.

On Pogo's YouTube page, he featured a similar artist named Joshua Kershaw. So I checked out some of his other videos and found this one that some of you might like:
BnBGobo99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top