Characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Characters

Post  Yodaman921 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:35 am

*stretches, cracks neck, etc*

Hey everyone, I know I've been pretty silent lately. I haven't had too much time to do some modeling with school being busy and it seems when ever I have time to relax I'm either playing a video game or reading a book. Anyway, I've decided to create a thread here in hopes to be more motivated in working on some smaller projects. Basically the premise of this thread is I want to start making various characters of various styles just to improve my organic modeling. So without further ado, here's a character I've been working on/off (mainly off) again for the past month or so:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm basing the character off of a character sheet I found on DeviantArt. Basically my plan is to finish texturing, then rig, place in a basic pose on an infinite plane and render. I'm liking how the solid colors look, so I probably won't do too much in the way of texturing.

Also, if anyone comes across any cool character sheets, feel free to pass them my way. Just note that I'm not looking for anything realistic, I really want to stay on the more cartoony style of things.
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Characters

Post  Radialronnie on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Wow, very nice! You really have a touch with those characters. Organic characters like this are something I'm utterly terrible at.
I like the poly hair! Smile

Radialronnie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:30 am

Hey, Yodaman, it's been a long time! I'm glad to see you are still "in the blend" as they nobody says. Wink

How has school been coming along? I'm interested to see where you'll be taking this character, keep us updated!
BnBGobo99

View user profile http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:32 am

Thanks guys!

@Mike: School has been going well, although keeping me quite busy. Right now I'm going through the painstaking process of trying to get a summer internship. Neutral

Anyways, I did a little bit of work today on the character. Right now I'm just trying to figure out the level of detail I should add for the textures (I put an elastic looking texture around the waist of the hoodie, but I feel like it doesn't really work. But at the same time I feel like the hoodie is lacking in needed features like stitching around the pockets and seams. I may have to take a more cartoony approach to the textures...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Radialronnie on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Yodaman921 wrote:
Anyways, I did a little bit of work today on the character. Right now I'm just trying to figure out the level of detail I should add for the textures (I put an elastic looking texture around the waist of the hoodie, but I feel like it doesn't really work. But at the same time I feel like the hoodie is lacking in needed features like stitching around the pockets and seams. I may have to take a more cartoony approach to the textures...)
]
Not sure what you had in mind, but maybe some size-exaggerated stitches might look nice, and would be easy to make.

Radialronnie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yodaman921 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:47 am

Some more chipping away. Currently trying to decide on how 'detailed' I want to go with textures. I feel like I should add something to the hair just so it's not a solid color, same goes for the socks. Don't know if I want to try anything with the skin or leave as is. Although, one of these days I really s[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]hould work on my texturing ability...
Yodaman921

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum