CS6? Autodesk Creation Suite Ultimate?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CS6? Autodesk Creation Suite Ultimate?

Post  BnBGobo99 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm

I am a student again (yay Crying or Very sad ), but one of the benefits is the discounts available on software and such.

I was looking at either CS6 Production Premium or Autodesk's Creation Suite Ultimate.

Both seem like good bargans, especially the Autodesk software. I feel like I'd be betraying the open-source world though. The reason I'm thinking of getting them is to (1) learn the software in case I ever do get a job that requires it (you never know!), and (2) learn some new skills and methods to translate to open-source software.

I don't use a full open-source platform in my hobby-life. I still use MS Office, Microsoft Expression Express (for screen capture), and Sony Movie Studio (because there is no decent open-source video editor capable of doing what I want). But for the most part--I use GIMP, Blender, Audacity, Ubuntu on VirtualBox, etc etc.

So, if you had a significant-other who said "go ahead", what would you get--and then what would you make with it? albino
BnBGobo99

View user profile http://studiogreenleaf.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CS6? Autodesk Creation Suite Ultimate?

Post  Xraygunner on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:53 pm

I went with the CS Production Premium and have loved it! The video editing and of course AE is priceless. As far as Autodesk is concerned you should be able to download almost all they have to offer as a student. As far as I remember it doesn't have any watermarks or anything like that on it either... just have to get a login through your school. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do well.
Xraygunner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum